This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Witcher 3 confirmed for PS4/Xbox 720 - Witchers 1 & 2 for PS3?

#1Raven-ZPosted 2/21/2013 3:50:00 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/392717/witcher-3-confirmed-for-ps4/

Makes sense, right? Build up the audience's familiarity with the franchise before the next game launches.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/21/2013 3:51:43 AM
The PS3 deserves The Witcher 1 and 2 and the 360 TW1.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3Pharsti01Posted 2/21/2013 3:59:26 AM
Except that apparently, Witcher 3 will be a stand alone, with no knowledge needed for the other 2.

Either way, every system should have Witcher 1 and 2 XD
#4SocialAssassinPosted 2/21/2013 4:15:37 AM
Oh man, I hope they do put out Witcher 1 and 2 on PS3. I got Witcher 2 for 360, but then kind of stopped using my 360 in general and moved everything to PS3.

I'd totally rebuy it if it came with the first one.
---
Hoist the colours high!
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story.
#5Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:38:03 AM
Maybe they could work out an HD Collection style deal. Both games at 1080p/60fps on one BD prior to 3's release.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#6zerooo0Posted 2/21/2013 4:41:18 AM
They said they don't have the big enough team for it. Or they can, but it would be a bad port.(Think like Skyrim) They said they wanted to avoid that.
---
I do typing exclusively on my Tablet, so expect errors in my posts. At least until I get my new Laptop.
#7CadaurnyPosted 2/21/2013 4:52:40 AM
They're not going to, they're focused on Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 and I believe they actually said they didn't port W2 to the PS3 because it's difficult to port it over due to the way it's designed, they only even ported it to the 360 (which is far easier to port to and from PC as I understand) because the PC version sold really well and even then they didn't get Witcher 1. They just simply don't have the people, time, or interest in doing it and they don't want to outsource it, they even cancelled a outsourced Witcher 1 port to the 360 because they didn't think it was good enough.

If you want to play Witcher 1 it has really low requirements, any PC built in the last few years could probably run it pretty easily and it's only $10 on gog.com (which is run by CD Projekt actually).
---
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!."
#8steker16Posted 2/21/2013 4:59:37 AM(edited)
Except that apparently, Witcher 3 will be a stand alone, with no knowledge needed for the other 2.

no knowledge of TW1 was needed for TW2 either, doesnt mean its a good idea to go in blindly..you'll know nothing about the wild hunt, or yennifer, who i'm sure the third game will focus on heavily, especially since its called "the wild hunt"
---
nomnomnom
#9Pharsti01Posted 2/21/2013 5:07:05 AM
steker16 posted...

no knowledge of TW1 was needed for TW2 either, doesnt mean its a good idea to go in blindly..you'll know nothing about the wild hunt, or yennifer, who i'm sure the third game will focus on heavily, especially since its called "the wild hunt"

Not exactly, TW2 was definitely a continuation of TW1, this is not the case with TW3.

Its a stand alone title, with no relation whatsoever to the previous 2. Im not saying people shouldnt play TW1 and 2.... EVERYONE SHOULD! Yes, theyre that good. Im just saying you wont need them to be able to appreciate the story.... at least, thats what i can gather from what the developers are saying.

"The Witcher 3 will be released in 2014 simultaneously on all high-end platforms available," studio head Adam Badowski said. "We know that our fans are looking forward to that date already, but we want to make it clear that this story is a standalone, and we will be sure introduce newcomers fully to the world so that they donít miss a beat. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will start with an breathtaking opening, which will give many insights to the lore. The game design will allow smooth introduction to new characters and encourage players to discover the vast, living open world of this installment of Geraltís tale."
#10steker16Posted 2/21/2013 5:12:51 AM(edited)
the only connection TW2 had to TW1 was the finale cutscene when geralt went to get his payment from the king. TW2 didnt have one of those but it did heavily imply things about yennifer during your final conversation with letho, to the point that its more than clear TW3 will be about her in some way.

they can say its a stand alone all they want, but a cutscene to start the game still doesnt give you 2 games worth of backstory on characters and events that got geralt to where he will be
---
nomnomnom