This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 is getting it's first TRUE quality new gen Final Fantasy experience.

#51dark trunksPosted 2/22/2013 6:13:18 PM
I'll pass. I couldn't stand FFXIV before, and not just because the game got more and more dull as I progressed through the levels, but because of the players.

You can change the game as much as you want, but you can't change the utter stupidity of the people I met in that game. The people who acted as though they were the best things since sliced ******* bread. I remember getting moaned at because I typed out in say to a friend I would pay the 4,000,000 being charged for a piece of armour. One piece of armour. Apparently, I was showing little respect to the effort the player went through to get the materials to craft the armour, and the time they spent crafting it.

To be honest, no I couldn't give a **** about them. It was 4,000,000 for one piece of armour, and it had been made by the biggest load of self-centered ***** I had ever met. They chose to spend that time crafting, I didn't force them to do it.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#52vind3dPosted 2/22/2013 6:13:55 PM
I played XI online for years, 5 or 6 year at least. Then se stopped taking direct credit card payments. I had to drive down to my 7-11 and buy a game card, hoping they had one in stock. No thanks se, there are too many other games out there I want to play.
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#53Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/23/2013 3:37:36 AM
dark trunks posted...
I'll pass. I couldn't stand FFXIV before, and not just because the game got more and more dull as I progressed through the levels, but because of the players.

You can change the game as much as you want, but you can't change the utter stupidity of the people I met in that game. The people who acted as though they were the best things since sliced ******* bread. I remember getting moaned at because I typed out in say to a friend I would pay the 4,000,000 being charged for a piece of armour. One piece of armour. Apparently, I was showing little respect to the effort the player went through to get the materials to craft the armour, and the time they spent crafting it.

To be honest, no I couldn't give a **** about them. It was 4,000,000 for one piece of armour, and it had been made by the biggest load of self-centered ***** I had ever met. They chose to spend that time crafting, I didn't force them to do it.

I remember that rude NPC in FINAL FANTASY III too. He angered me.
Thank God FINAL FANTASY XIV has the option to choose who you will play with.
Hint: Play with people you like only.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#54Thor61Posted 2/23/2013 3:40:12 AM
It could be the best final fantasy game ever made but I'm not playing it if it's an mmo.
#55Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/23/2013 3:46:41 AM(edited)
Everyone should read this.
It's from someone who isn't a fan of online.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/02/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-event-report/

FINAL FANTASY XIV really is shaping up to be the most traditional and classic FINAL FANTASY as far as stapples go, ever.
Surpassing even FINAL FANTASY Type-0 in that area.

Wow, Square Enix is on a roll.

Three lines (bolded) from that link, that make me ecstatic:

"Three story arcs encompass the planet of Hydaelyn – a world of mystery. The first of them revolves around the planet’s consciousness – that is, an entity assuming the form of the Mother Crystal."

"The second arc tells the tale of Garlemald, an enemy in the north. In this leg of the story, players will join one of the game’s three Grand Companies in order to take up arms against the Empire. An important keyword to remember here, according to Yoshida, is “The Warrior of Light.”"

"Yoshida : “Square Enix will never give up on Final Fantasy” – a claim solidified into reality by the company’s efforts to rebuild FFXIV."

And that's the reason the two Online installments are FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV, and not FINAL FANTASY Online and FINAL FANTASY Online 2.

---
#56Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/23/2013 3:45:35 AM
Thor61 posted...
It could be the best final fantasy game ever made but I'm not playing it if it's an mmo.

It's ok. I don't play all installments of series I'm not a fan of too.
---
#57hotgamerPosted 2/23/2013 4:10:17 AM
Problem is that it's pay to play. In this era where free to play is way to go, they decide to screw it up and use a model that was acceptable like 10 years ago.

Today, if something is pay to play, no matter how good it is, it's simply not worth bothering with.

Then again, wait maximum another year and this will go free to play. Square-Enix claim this game will never go down that road, but they are wrong. There is nothing they can do to stop it.

Before you say FF11 is still P2P, it came out in such time and built a devoted fanbase that still supports it. FF14 came out in F2P time and the original version sucked and broke the trust with the customers.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#58Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/23/2013 4:20:13 AM
hotgamer posted...
Problem is that it's pay to play. In this era where free to play is way to go, they decide to screw it up and use a model that was acceptable like 10 years ago.

Today, if something is pay to play, no matter how good it is, it's simply not worth bothering with.

Then again, wait maximum another year and this will go free to play. Square-Enix claim this game will never go down that road, but they are wrong. There is nothing they can do to stop it.

Before you say FF11 is still P2P, it came out in such time and built a devoted fanbase that still supports it. FF14 came out in F2P time and the original version sucked and broke the trust with the customers.

FINAL FANTASY XIV P2P >>>> FINAL FANTASY XIV F2P

By far.
So, for true FINAL FANTASY fans, FINAL FANTASY XIV P2P is the only acceptable release.

And yup, FINAL FANTASY XI is P2P still, and you can't put a spin on that.
---
#59CyricsServantPosted 2/23/2013 4:29:15 AM(edited)
ThePCElitist posted...
albanianx1 posted...
Monthly fees make this a non buy for me.

Sorry about that then. I'm paying for 2 MMORPG's right now, 3 game servers and I never break the bank. Perhaps you should look into your living situation and career if pocket change is too much to spend a month.

Perhaps you should play good games instead of time wasters.

Admittedly I haven't played GW2 or the Old Republic, but every MMORPG I've played up to this point has been incredibly ****y.
#60jammiesPosted 2/23/2013 4:32:59 AM
MMORPGs lack a main staple video games need... an end.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx