This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN purchases will not carry over to PS4

#21SomnusNemorisPosted 2/21/2013 9:04:42 AM
steelerfan8086 posted...
If you are worried about being able to play 4 generations of video games, do you really think having a girl over will even come up as a problem?

XD

And when I brought my girlfriend over for the first time, she just rolled her eyes and laughed at all the gaming wares.

Then we watched a movie and had a good time.

Don't ever post your poverty problems again, bros. And by bros, I mean never my bros. F***ing betas.
#22_tanjil_Posted 2/21/2013 9:15:07 AM
I saw this coming. It goes hand in hand with no BC. I don't do PC gaming but this is essentially why Steam is superior to PSN, well that and the new PSN store just sucks compared to the old one.
#23kcypher2000Posted 2/21/2013 9:15:22 AM
I love how the ponies will defend any stupid decision Sony makes. One reason the ps2 was so great was because even when it launched with a pathetic line up the system still could fall back on the amazing ps1 library. Same with the ps3 at launch. Sure you can keep
Both systems but this is now ridiculous if they wont even credit you for digital downloads they can track on psn.

Sony could sell a brick with no games and many fanboys will still defend it. Theyd call it the vita or something.
#24SomnusNemorisPosted 2/21/2013 9:15:59 AM
Kcyhpher post:

Bitterness? Check.

Tears? Check.

Terrified and desperate of Sony's goodness? Check.

LOL
#25CorathTheHungPosted 2/21/2013 9:17:28 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Kcyhpher post:

Bitterness? Check.

Tears? Check.

Terrified and desperate of Sony's goodness? Check.

LOL

LOL X2
#26Jinzo 111887Posted 2/21/2013 9:26:30 AM(edited)
PHEEliNUX posted...
Don't sell/discard your PS3, Problem solved

^^THIS^^ I have a PS3 so why care about or think my games should carry over to PS4

I like to have a back up plan that doesn't involve streaming, ebay, used consoles, illegal bios, or DRM circumvention. A separate addon for the PS4 to restore reverse compatibility sounds like a possible solution.
---
Secure... Contain... Protect... Containment Breach?
http://www.scpcbgame.com/
#27RemakeMePosted 2/21/2013 9:34:23 AM
pretty obvious. "ARCHETECTURE" is the key point.

but i doubt they mean every PSN title...just ones that's need both seperate Vita/PS3 versions anything that works on all multi platforms and psn mini's will probably work.

Also the good news is....PS5 will probably be backwards compatible with PS4 since they will just keep the architecture and just up the power. assuming of coarse the system still uses physical media reader for disks.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#28huyiPosted 2/21/2013 9:38:23 AM
BambooPandamo posted...
Digital goods work on PCs.

Not on consoles because console owners defend all anti-consumer nonsense like this. Have you seen this board?

Look at how many people literally defend the fact the PS4 cannot play 19 years of Playstation history when its predecessor the PS3 can.

i know, and they always defend it with the words "it's not a big deal" and its such a shame that psn titles i purchased over the past 7 years will be rendered useless, i'm guessing trophies won't make it over to the migration, people like hakoom and duck360 will be very mad indeed.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#29SomnusNemorisPosted 2/21/2013 9:40:22 AM
huyi posted...
i know, and they always defend it with the words "it's not a big deal" and its such a shame that psn titles i purchased over the past 7 years will be rendered useless, i'm guessing trophies won't make it over to the migration, people like hakoom and duck360 will be very mad indeed.

Good. I hope they get very mad indeed for thinking they mean anything. Not that they won't carry over.

And no, it's not a big deal, and no, your purchases in the past 7 years won't go to waste, because you can play them on your f***ing PS3, FFS!
#30huyiPosted 2/21/2013 9:43:02 AM
SaQu1B posted...

Yea. That a concern as well.. it would really suck if we had to pay extra money for Gaikai to play Ps1/Ps2 games we already purchased or will purchase.

at this point don't put it past sony, they are a greedy coporation afterall and have familys to feed! >_<
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1