This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly lack of Backward compatibility on PS4 is NOT even a problem

#21flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 8:44:07 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
flame030191 posted...
Still wondering why "The ***FUTURE*** of PlayStation" supposedly "needs" to support PlayStation's ***PAST***...

Because... who do you think are the consumers who support Sony and are willing to pay 60 bucks per game + DLC, the 80īs teens and 90īs kids who played PSX and PS2 and now are adults with a job and like to support this hobbie.

But it seems like Sony is really addict to give us the middle finger since 2009

Or you can do like anyone who is smart, keep your systems and still play them.

If they break, theres ways to get a new system cheap. Ive seen PS3's as low as $150 with games and 1 year warranties.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#22pjnelsonPosted 2/21/2013 8:48:49 AM(edited)
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
For these reasons:

1.-Because PS3 will be available forever and Sony will never stop itīs mass production.

2.-PS3 will never get YLOD or get itīs Bluray laser dead, and repair pieces will be available forever.

3.-Original PSN will never go down and developers / publishers will never retire their products or lose their licence so they will be always available for re-download on PSN.

4.-You can emulate PS3 on any Computer available so itīs not like all the super expensive software + DLC you bought is now going to the trash when your PS3 dies (it wonīt)

You need to reword this. "PS3 will be available forever" means that in the year 2135 I can still go into a retail store and buy one; not at a yard sale or from some bloke who stockpiled them and eventually unloads them for $21,000 apiece as collector's items. In reality, after a few more years PS3 won't be on store shelves. As an illustration, today I cannot walk into a Walmart and buy a PS2 because PS2 isn't available "forever". "Original PSN will never go down" means that in 2095 I can still use it, but that won't be the case.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#23Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:48:16 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

If my PS3 breaks I now have to pay another $300 to play games their new $400 system should be able to play as opposed to needing a collective $700 to just play the most recent 2 gens nvm if I also want to play PS2 games.

Or does logic not make sense to you?

THIS

I donīt "understand" how people canīt understand the potential problem of this B/S

Even if i buy a PS3 today for back up what will happen in few years when it die?

PS3 emulation will be here in around 20+ years, if it happens at all. (hell we donīt even have an Xbox emulator after more than 12 years and it looks like we will never get one, PS1 and PS2 / DC or GC / Wii emulators are ok but still full of bugs and with a wide % of unplayable games.... imagine the emulation of PS3)

That means all our software goes straight to the garbage bin, and yes I do play NES, SNES, N64, PSX and Dreamcast / PS2 / Original Xbox / GC tittles, some emulated on my PC some in their original console but my living room canīt become a giant Console mausoleum or museum, we need Backward Compatibility and there is no excuse with the hardware we have in PS4

What am I supposed to do with my games? throw them to the garbage when my PS3 dies?
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#24CorathTheHungPosted 2/21/2013 8:49:05 AM
pjnelson posted...
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
For these reasons:

1.-Because PS3 will be available forever and Sony will never stop itīs mass production.

2.-PS3 will never get YLOD or get itīs Bluray laser dead, and repair pieces will be available forever.

3.-Original PSN will never go down and developers / publishers will never retire their products or lose their licence so they will be always available for re-download on PSN.

4.-You can emulate PS3 on any Computer available so itīs not like all the super expensive software + DLC you bought is now going to the trash when your PS3 dies (it wonīt)

You need to reword this. "PS3 will be available forever" means that in the year 2135 I can still go into a retail store and buy one; not at a yard sale or from some bloke who stockpiled them and eventually unloads them for $21,000 apiece as collector's items. In reality, after a few more years PS3 won't be on store shelves. As an illustration, today I cannot walk into a Walmart and buy a PS2 because PS2 isn't available "forever". "Original PSN will never go down" means that on 2095 I can still use it, but that won't be the case.

He's trollin
#25steker16Posted 2/21/2013 8:50:56 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
hyperpowder posted...
If I buy a PS4 I'm going to play PS4 games.

and all your PS3 software goes straight to the trash

Because as we all know the entire ps3 console stops playing games made for it the day the ps4 releases
---
nomnomnom
#26huyiPosted 2/21/2013 8:51:42 AM
"IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL" "IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL"
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#27Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:52:30 AM
CorathTheHung posted...
pjnelson posted...
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
For these reasons:

You need to reword this. "PS3 will be available forever" means that in the year 2135 I can still go into a retail store and buy one; not at a yard sale or from some bloke who stockpiled them and eventually unloads them for $21,000 apiece as collector's items. In reality, after a few more years PS3 won't be on store shelves. As an illustration, today I cannot walk into a Walmart and buy a PS2 because PS2 isn't available "forever". "Original PSN will never go down" means that on 2095 I can still use it, but that won't be the case.

He's trollin

is called sarcasm
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#28hyperpowderPosted 2/21/2013 8:52:52 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
hyperpowder posted...

Not really, probably keep it, but I've never had an urge to play older games especially older 3d games. They really get outdated fast

I tried to go back and play Vice City and Beyond Good and Evil and just couldn't do it, two of my fav games last gen are nearly unplayable now days. I've seen IOS games with better camera angles and controls
---
Psn:djcinthaboy
http://i55.tinypic.com/358ysnc.jpg
#29flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 8:52:56 AM
steker16 posted...
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
hyperpowder posted...

Because as we all know the entire ps3 console stops playing games made for it the day the ps4 releases

No, no, no. Everyone in the world smashes their PS3 and sets them on fire as soon as PS4 releases. Same happened with PS1 when PS2 released and to the PS2 when PS3 released, right? Right??
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#30_tanjil_Posted 2/21/2013 8:55:03 AM
agh my ps3's blu ray broke after 1.5 years of use, they told me I game too much. Well I though F*** that's what it's for. This was the 2nd PS3 to have a blu ray failure due to excessive use. My PS2 never crapped out...

Anyways that's why I switched to a mix of digital and disc based gaming. And with no BC on the PS4... I'm thinking I should buy the extended 2 year warranty just in case. Not down to pay $100 each time I need a repair.