This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So will all you sucke...er, 'guys' who bought a PS3 for $600 at launch wait..?

#1groccoPosted 2/21/2013 11:30:05 AM
I couldn't believe the amount of money they were charging for the PS3 at launch, and I really couldn't believe people were paying it, especially since the price dropped not long after (I bought mine when the fat 80gb came out for $300). Just wondering how many of you would be willing to drop $600 again (of course we have no idea what it will cost, just asking).
---
PSN: GRocco1970
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#2true_gamer80Posted 2/21/2013 11:31:15 AM
how many of you "idiots" err I mean users will post stupid things such as this topic?
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#3Excuse_MePosted 2/21/2013 11:31:16 AM
Yup. Maybe 2-3 years later i'll get it.
#4RyuuHou25Posted 2/21/2013 11:32:20 AM
The thing was worth 600 at launch, it's still worth 600 dollars now with everything it can do.

So yup, will definitely do it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5squall1981Posted 2/21/2013 11:35:51 AM
no point, it will take a year or so to iron out the bugs and glitches. too much hassle getting a new console until at least the second model
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#6grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:37:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I WANT one and we haven't even seen it yet. I guess my thinking is that the PS3 is still so great (and there are still good games coming out and games I own that I haven't finished) that I will still be busy with it for a long time to come...
---
PSN: GRocco1970
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#7NicodimusPosted 2/21/2013 11:39:04 AM
Most likely. I'm not buying 3 PS4s this time around. I'll let them make a better version of the hardware that is less prone to failure.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#8Azure_lKitePosted 2/21/2013 11:39:07 AM
I actually paid $600~ for my SLIM 120GB... Yeah. That's how pricey videogames are in my country, and to me it was still fully worth it. If I can spare the cash for something that'll give me hundreds of hours of entertainment, why not?

Still not sure about the PS4 though. It looks promising and I'll probably get one eventually, I just want to see user feedback before jumping at it right at launch.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#9Runner_stylePosted 2/21/2013 11:39:32 AM
Only if the rumoured price is true. The rumoured price being 270 if not I'll wait.
---
Some idiots on GFaqs need to learn the difference between trolling, and a different opinion. If you're offended by this sig, you're one of those idiots.
#10vashtrichamPosted 2/21/2013 11:41:40 AM
Quote:I couldn't believe the amount of money they were charging for the PS3 at launch, and I really couldn't believe people were paying it, especially since the price dropped not long after (I bought mine when the fat 80gb came out for $300). Just wondering how many of you would be willing to drop $600 again (of course we have no idea what it will cost, just asking).
@grocco
Just because your not willing to pay that amount does not make people who are suckers. People these days, your way is not the best or only way and does not make it better than the next persons.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10