This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sniper Elite V2 is an awful game, how is the Sniper Ghost Warrior series?

#1CH3L0_Posted 2/21/2013 3:35:24 PM
I love the sniping missions in CoD games. When I bought Sniper Elite V2 I thought it was a FPS but no, its TPS. So I was like its alright I'm sure the sniping part is fun. Not only is the sniping mediocre but also the setting, the story, everything. Typical WW2 generic story. So I'm asking how are the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games? I know that theyre FPS so thats good but how about the story, is it forgettable? generic? are the missions at least "fun"? I kinda have about 8-10 games to beat so I'm not looking for any mediocre games but I been wanting a sniping game. Thanks for the replies.
---
PSN: CH3L0_
Not changing sig until Left 4 Dead comes to the PS3. (Started 9-24-10)
#2TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/21/2013 4:19:58 PM
Sniper Elite V2 is waaay better than Ghost Warrior. Take what you will from that.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#3CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:24:49 PM
^is that so? Anyone else have an opinion?
---
#4zemzeroPosted 2/21/2013 8:29:40 PM
What you consider fun is not what others might, so be a little more descriptive with why you thought Sniper Elite was so awful. How is the sniping mediocre compared to COD?
#5Raven_CyarmPosted 2/21/2013 8:30:14 PM
Sniper Elite V2 is a great game. TC's opinion is wrong.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#6CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:33:35 PM(edited)
zemzero posted...
What you consider fun is not what others might, so be a little more descriptive with why you thought Sniper Elite was so awful. How is the sniping mediocre compared to COD?

The sniping is great but is the same after a while, the missions are boring and the enemies are a pain in the butt in close corridors. Just my opinion.
---
#7SDFan18Posted 2/21/2013 8:36:54 PM(edited)
Ghost Warrior 2 will be out soon. They have that running on the CryEngine, I'm sure it'll be better than the first game was. The first Ghost Warrior had pretty generic AI as well and the story writing is worse than V2. More open sniping levels though.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#8Stanger5150Posted 2/21/2013 8:35:30 PM
CH3L0_ posted...
zemzero posted...

The sniping is great but is the same after a while, the missions are boring and the enemies are a pain in the butt in close corridors. Just my opinion.

So, it's realistic and that's why you don't like it?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#9CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:39:35 PM
SDFan18 posted...
Ghost Warrior 2 will be out soon. They have that running on the CryEngine, I'm sure it'll be better than the first game was. The first Ghost Warrior had pretty generic AI as well and the story writing is worse than V2. More open sniping levels though.

I thought it was out already? :O
---
#10SDFan18Posted 2/21/2013 8:41:03 PM
CH3L0_ posted...
SDFan18 posted...

I thought it was out already? :O

Nope. It comes out March 12th, same day as GoW: A.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86