This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else still plays on an SD tv?

#1Vohn_ExelPosted 2/21/2013 4:34:13 PM
My Tv is an old RCA box sd Tv. It doesnt even have av inputs. I have an rfu adapter connecting my ps3 to it and sometimes the whole thing messes up and the screen rolls and goes black until you jiggle the cord or display something bright on screen. Otherwise, it looks great and my only problem is reading tiny text like in Skyrim or especially DCUO. Best part is old games don't run in widescreen, but full screen. I plan to upgrade one day, but I'm furious if anyone else games like this.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#2somebody336Posted 2/21/2013 4:36:29 PM
I have a very old Sharp tv. Didnt feel that getting a good tv would make much of a difference this gen.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/565290-barbarian-the-ultimate-warrior
#3NineteenthCrossPosted 2/21/2013 4:39:19 PM
I don't complain.

But I do complain with these forced widescreen games that render the text on games utterly tiny on a 50 inch tv.

Personally, these newer TVs don't have a life span that equates their price. I'v owned a plasma tv that burned out and to quote old mad tv episodes " CHA, YOU KNOW WHAT? UNHUN" I should have spent that money on blow and cheap hookers. At least that burn out would have been worth it.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#4kupo1705Posted 2/21/2013 4:40:35 PM
I do, but I don't really have any issues except for some screen tearing occasionally.
#5zyrax2301Posted 2/21/2013 4:40:39 PM
somebody336 posted...
I have a very old Sharp tv. Didnt feel that getting a good tv would make much of a difference this gen.

You were wrong...
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6Vohn_Exel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:41:27 PM
I just hate how higher resolution means tiny things. Still I want to get a new flatscreen for gaming one day. But I don't like how widescreen forces you to lose Tv size.
---
#7Stanger5150Posted 2/21/2013 4:47:02 PM(edited)
I play on a large SDTV still. My brother has a 32" Vizio in the next room that I use to play DCUO, which is the only game I have that I can't effectively play in SD. I do it so my retro consoles look the way they should, and that's important to me. I play with my brother on his TV often, but it's not hard for me to go back to my SD when I'm done. Apparently, if posters here are to be believed, it's supposed to make my eyes bleed. It doesn't, and to me, HD isn't a big deal at all.

I have had the money to switch for a long time, but I'm gaming in SD by choice.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#8pudeliciousPosted 2/21/2013 4:47:54 PM
i'm still on a SD sharp. it has a mode for gaming which makes it look better than other SD's. however the fact that game makers are only concerned about HD screens make some UI and text difficult to see on SD sets.
still until i can find a good 1080p that i can afford, i'm enjoying my ole sharp!
#9Vohn_Exel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:49:47 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
I play on a large SDTV still. My brother has a 32" Vizio in the next room that I use to play DCUO, which is the only game I have that I can't effectively play in SD. I do it so my retro consoles look the way they should, and that's important to me. I play with my brother on his TV often, but it's not hard for me to go back to my SD when I'm done. Apparently, if posters here are to be believed, it's supposed to make my eyes bleed. It doesn't, and to me, HD isn't a big deal at all.

I have had the money to switch for a long time, but I'm gaming in SD by choice.

Yeah it never bothers me going back and forth either. I cant read text sometimes is all.
---
#10killakPosted 2/21/2013 4:50:33 PM
I do in the other room, but not the living room
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp