This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will PS3 PS+ Users be left behind when the PS4 releases this year?

#1MourningReignsPosted 2/21/2013 6:47:30 PM
What do you think will happen to PS+ users after release of PS4? This is especially concerning when you think of the recent promotion Sony was pushing to get people to buy a year to get 3 months extra. That promotion was definitely done before PS4 announcement to get more purchases, because we do not know if PS+ carries over or if it will be supported after the next console.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/21/2013 6:48:33 PM
Why wouldn't it be supported on the PS4?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:50:15 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
Why wouldn't it be supported on the PS4?

Why would it? They are bringing out a whole new system for online that does not seem at all connected to Playstation Network. Add on top the "what if" of will they require subscription to the new service.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4chiefofsb78Posted 2/21/2013 6:53:26 PM
PS+ users are left behind now with the free and discounted old games they offer
#5Stanger5150Posted 2/21/2013 6:56:17 PM
PS+ will be supported on PS3 as long as PSN is... however long that will be.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#6MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:58:05 PM
Stanger5150 posted...

Yeah, but don't you think the releases will fall off on PSN as Sony tries to build a catalog and interest on the PS4's store? That would mean a lot less opportunities for PS+.
---
#7flame030191Posted 2/21/2013 6:58:30 PM
PS4 will use PSN, just an updated and enhanced version. I doubt PS+ will be supported Day 1, but i dont think they will just abandon it either.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#8brycemorrPosted 2/21/2013 7:03:42 PM
What do you think PS+ is a subscription service. All I heard in the first 45 minutes was talk about the Playstation network on the PS4.

My theory is that just like my PSN account is linked to my PS3 and my Vita so shall it be the same on the PS4.

Now On my Vita I can view everything in my download list including my PS3 stuff. So on the PS4 hopefully theres a way to filter your download list from PS4 games, Vita games, DLC, and even though not compatible you can view everything we bought on the PS3.

I got like 500 items in my Download list and I would love a filter for it.

And beside Sony has plans for the PS3 after the PS4 so not all is lost.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#9Stanger5150Posted 2/21/2013 7:22:22 PM
MourningReigns posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Yeah, but don't you think the releases will fall off on PSN as Sony tries to build a catalog and interest on the PS4's store? That would mean a lot less opportunities for PS+.

You're probably right... Or we'll get even more games offered for Plus that already exist on the network to encourage people to stay subscribed. Maybe do something crazy like "all PS1 Classics are free for one day for Plus members."
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#10NicodimusPosted 2/21/2013 7:33:12 PM
Yes. Look at history.
---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."