This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone Platinum Yakuza 3? It's my next title

#11Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/22/2013 12:57:59 PM
ThePatrick posted...
It's hard--only because of the massive amount of side materials. The game itself is actually quite easy.

Your biggest enemy will be the mini-games. These are things like pool, darts, bowling, and gambling.

The U.S. version should be considerably easier to Platinum than the Japanese version as there is less stuff, and because the arcade trivia game is gone. That took me FOREVER to do in the Japanese version because, not having grown up in Japan, I was unfamiliar with things like their diet (congress), laws, what year certain things happened, what bands were famous in the '70s, which manga was not by a certain author, who appeared on some morning variety show, etc.--and you have to have the answers ready on the fly (there was no way to stop the timer so you couldn't google things).

I mean, that just took forever and a day!

So I think it's not really HARD, it's just time-consuming.

....Nani?? OH.....Patrick-San

^lol me trying to speak Japanese. BTW I love your soundeffects for that military guy who keeps popping up in Yakuza 4 (at least I think it was 4). "Errrr Kiryuuuu" ROFL
#12ThePatrickPosted 2/22/2013 1:34:32 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...

....Nani?? OH.....Patrick-San

^lol me trying to speak Japanese. BTW I love your soundeffects for that military guy who keeps popping up in Yakuza 4 (at least I think it was 4). "Errrr Kiryuuuu" ROFL

lol

Say that to a guy from Japan and he'll probably assure you "You are very jzu!"

Heh, I gotta rewatch and hear the sound effects. I haven't watched my vids for a long time because I'm like "I'm done!" and just forget everything instantly. That's because I'm a dingbat, but...yeah.

Hopin' to get a new capture device soon so I can make Yakuza 5 vids, since I'm in the middle of this gargantuan FAQ and trying to 100% the dang thing, hope anyone out there enjoys and uses info to play the dang thing
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#13Castiel39Posted 2/22/2013 3:31:10 PM
I originally planned to platinum the game, but i easily get frustrated in minigame related challenges so i had to past and just complete the other challenges and substories. It would be quite easy if it wasn't for that "complete the minigame challenge" trophy. Yakuza 4 is much easier to platinum (and i actually have it).