This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games to pick up before they inevitably become rare and go for 200+ buks on ebay

#1hijokaidenPosted 2/21/2013 11:19:54 PM
Seeing as how Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, Magna Carta 2 etc. have completly skyrocketed in price to tremendous amounts and added with the fact that there is an impending transition (technically already on-going) to next-gen I think it is wise for people to start picking up and pre-ordering localized japanese games (Jrpgs in particular) that you still dont own and that arent on the PSN.

Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xilla
Time And Eternity
Dragon's Crown
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Resonance of Fate
etc.

I wouldnt worry about Ni No Kuni for example because that game is available on the PSN, so it is not going anywhere, unlike games who are only obtainable through retail copies.

Tales of Graces F is still 50 buck at retailers everywhere almost a year after its release, The Last Remnant and Lost Odyssey are rising in price etc.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#2mogar002Posted 2/21/2013 11:21:15 PM
Tales games don't become rare.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/21/2013 11:22:06 PM
I saw Lost Odessy for like $11 bucks at gamestop back in 2012.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#4Id the DemonPosted 2/21/2013 11:22:23 PM
Nier
---
Do a barrel roll! (Z or R twice)
PSN ID: idthedemon5353
#5hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:25:39 PM
mogar002 posted...
Tales games don't become rare.

Tales of Eternia? Tales of Destiny II? Tales of Symphonia?
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#6hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:26:43 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
I saw Lost Odessy for like $11 bucks at gamestop back in 2012.

And people still bought Xenoblade Chronicles for 50 bucks a month ago, now its 150+.
---
#7hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:32:37 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0028A6V7Q/

Hard to believe not very long ago this game was selling for a twenty bucks or so.
---
#8CojiroseanPosted 2/21/2013 11:41:12 PM
RPGs are always pricey once they get older. I own almost every game there, plus 2 copies of Xenoblade special ed(UK and AUS) and all of the Tales games. I'm set for life after I get arthritis and can't play games...
---
Not changing until DeSu: Overclocked gets to Australia.
20/02/13
#9hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:45:05 PM
Cojirosean posted...
RPGs are always pricey once they get older. I own almost every game there, plus 2 copies of Xenoblade special ed(UK and AUS) and all of the Tales games. I'm set for life after I get arthritis and can't play games...

I have the European Limited Edition pre-ordered back in July 2011, didnt pick up the US version though, I should have.
---
#10VorzalPosted 2/21/2013 11:58:38 PM
I didn't pick up an NTSC copy of Xenoblade when it released because my PAL copy is working out fine on my old Wii. I don't plan on getting a Wii U yet, although their next game looks good.

I guess that's the only game I would've bought (again)
---
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."