This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dualshock 3 will not be supported on Ps4.

#31true_gamer80Posted 2/22/2013 10:50:39 AM
LodeiroSnake posted...
Lol try harder TC

huh> some ppl myself included love the old controller, one of my biggest concerns, I dont even like anything the new controller offers let alone its thickness which may not seem like a big thing but after so many years with the same controller the smallest change isnt something to look forward to. Im not going to cry and moan, I'll adapt but I would love if the option was there.

Gotta love GF though....whenever someone doesnt share someones mndframe with something or agree...they are trolling....come on lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#32Viet0nePosted 2/22/2013 11:14:51 AM
No point in making it compatible with the DS3 when PS4 games won't support it.

The volume of calls Sony would get from people not bothering to read the manual that would indicate that only Legacy stuff would support the DS3 and not PS4 games.

It's not worth the extra money it would cost developers to test DS3 support in their PS4 games nor would it be worth the extra money in support centers telling people it won't work and customers complaining.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#33vashtrichamPosted 2/22/2013 11:16:46 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
bigdeez posted...
Why would it support last gens controller?

The PS2 supported PSOne controllers.

Couldnt you only play ps1 games with the ps1 controller, could be wrong.
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#34kreedersPosted 2/22/2013 11:22:44 AM
actually ps3 does support ps2 controllers, and ps1 controllers, with adaptor xbox 360 supports xbox controllers
#35VigilantStevePosted 2/22/2013 11:24:36 AM
Merc123 posted...
Wii Supported Gamecube controllers.

Not on newer models, nor did most games support them
#36RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:47:47 PM
VigilantSteve posted...
RahzarX posted...
VigilantSteve posted...
RahzarX posted...
bigdeez posted...
Why would it support last gens controller?

It's the same controller with a touch pad, so why not?

This is the first gen with proprietary wireless controllers, wires were the reasons the controllers weren't ported from Ps2-Ps3.

So that people are able to play games if they utilize the touchpad in any required manner maybe?

That's not a big deal. No reason to drop support. Touch pad isn't necessary. As said already by many people.

How do you know it won't be necessary in some cases? We haven't seen if or what developers could come up with to use it on a PS4 game yet. Plus the DS4 also has that light bar on the back too, which could be required in some games.

He said the light bar was just used to identify players.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#37NicodimusPosted 2/22/2013 12:49:58 PM
Obviously. There's no share button on the PS3 controllers.

Sony: "YOU MUST HAVE A SHARE BUTTON!"

---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."
#38MachineZedPosted 2/22/2013 12:53:59 PM

The volume of calls Sony would get from people not bothering to read the manual that would indicate that only Legacy stuff would support the DS3 and not PS4 games.

It's not worth the extra money it would cost developers to test DS3 support in their PS4 games nor would it be worth the extra money in support centers telling people it won't work and customers complaining.

But it is worth it to support the Move controllers...
#39RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:24:20 PM
MachineZed posted...

But it is worth it to support the Move controllers...

Good point.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#40UniversquallPosted 2/22/2013 1:26:33 PM
RahzarX topic....again. Poor Nintendo.
---
After the Fallout