This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it bother you that Sony is implying that they are scrapping the PS3 PSN?

#11abnergoinbigPosted 2/22/2013 9:17:26 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
I would lol hard if trophies are not transferable

Well from the press conference, dude had thousands of trophies I think. No way launch titles can give thousands of trophies. I'm sure we can transfer our accounts but not our PSN purchases. (not counting PS1 games unless that can be transferred too and is set for streaming)
#12MalifacentXPosted 2/22/2013 9:18:24 AM
The only problem I see with this is for those individuals who have their console die on them. Unless a hard drive content transfer is feasible, you'd lose it all.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
You are a lightbulb assassin.
~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#13xenosaga123Posted 2/22/2013 9:24:05 AM
As long as PS3 PSN continues to make them money, they aren't going to shut down PS3 PSN.

Why do you think Sony did everything they could to bring PSN back up after the hacking that brought PSN down for months? PS3 is a huge moneymaker.

and PS4 is not going to match the install base and amount of customers PS3 PSN has.

PS3 PSN has a long history behind it and a lot of people buying products on it.

Even PS2 continued to be supported midway through PS3's era, and that didn't have a dedicated shopping/gaming network like PS3 has now.
#14vashtrichamPosted 2/22/2013 9:26:38 AM
toadieman posted...
No. I buy physical games.

And I have a large hardrive and then download and back up my hard drive with all my games on it to multiple places. No difference, just make sure to download and backup.
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#15Stygma69Posted 2/22/2013 9:40:01 AM
i hope this doesnt come to pass, but i wouldnt be surprised if they used it to force players to buy a new console and the BS network to go with it.
considering all the BS since they removed "other OS" and the whole PSN hacking crap... i suspect i will not buy any more $ony products.
and this is coming from someone who used to prefer $ony products over all others. ive been a PS fan since the 1st launch.

its unfortunate that M$ is scum and Nintendo has become so boring, i guess ill just have to dig out my old consoles and replay those great old games.
---
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!
#16hijokaidenPosted 2/22/2013 9:42:38 AM
Juvart24 posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
Thats why i buy physical games but i doubt the ps3 psn will shut down.

Indeed I never buy Digital unless there is absolutely no other way to get it ie: Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires.

Wrong. You can get it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008CCDD5W/

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3wb6.html
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#17Jinzo 111887Posted 2/22/2013 9:43:50 AM
i hope this doesnt come to pass, but i wouldnt be surprised if they used it to force players to buy a new console and the BS network to go with it.
considering all the BS since they removed "other OS" and the whole PSN hacking crap... i suspect i will not buy any more $ony products.
and this is coming from someone who used to prefer $ony products over all others. ive been a PS fan since the 1st launch.

its unfortunate that M$ is scum and Nintendo has become so boring, i guess ill just have to dig out my old consoles and replay those great old games.

Could look into Steam and GOG and go the PC route. Overall, I feel like Sony's just tempting people to hack the PS4 as soon as possible. If it's like a PC, it might be able to run PC programs, including emulators.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmYu1TZ2hk
Lost in here between these walls. Never stop these endless halls. How do I get free? What do I have to do?
#18Megathorn22Posted 2/22/2013 9:46:23 AM
A little. It is an odd decision, but I'll get over it.
#19goku4ever03Posted 2/22/2013 9:47:16 AM
Gensokyo posted...
As long as they keep the PS3 PSN up even after the PS4 is released I'm not really bothered by this. I'm not planning to get a PS4, but even if I did, I'd still keep my PS3 anyway.

Question is how long will the support go on for? I don't see it still being around past 2017. Only thing we could do it buy 5 PS3s and activate our account on all of them and then redownload everything and store them away safely until needed. Then if/when one dies we go to the other and that way it should at least last us our whole lives. Although buying another 4 PS3s really isn't practical plus it's giving more money to Sony for being a******s.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#20SaQu1BPosted 2/22/2013 9:59:16 AM
goku4ever03 posted...
Gensokyo posted...
As long as they keep the PS3 PSN up even after the PS4 is released I'm not really bothered by this. I'm not planning to get a PS4, but even if I did, I'd still keep my PS3 anyway.

Question is how long will the support go on for? I don't see it still being around past 2017. Only thing we could do it buy 5 PS3s and activate our account on all of them and then redownload everything and store them away safely until needed. Then if/when one dies we go to the other and that way it should at least last us our whole lives. Although buying another 4 PS3s really isn't practical plus it's giving more money to Sony for being a******s.

This makes me really wish I bought all physical copies. I think 75% of my collection is digital and my PS3 is my its last legs... really feels like I wasted so much money if they do decide to shut PSn down.