This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question: Why do people hate Gamestop?

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 2/22/2013 10:37:33 AM
I regularly go to 3-4 Gamestops in my area for years and never had a bad experience, in fact, on many occasions the workers have gone out of their way to help me. My only gripe is their trade in and used game costs, but you know what: THEY ARE A BUSINESS TOO.

I have no complaints, I sell games on eBay and buy used on Amazon. I primarily go to Gamestop to buy budget titles instead of the hassle of shipping fees from online sites.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
XBL: Jessica Jung xo (Halo Reach, Halo 4, Gears 2)
#2jubjub360Posted 2/22/2013 10:39:57 AM
People on here hate when gamestop employees do their job.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:6~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#3MoonlightSwordPosted 2/22/2013 10:41:55 AM
ignorance and self entitlement... there's nothing wrong with gamestop
---
Subspace is the best game ever - DZA forever
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#4Stygma69Posted 2/22/2013 10:42:03 AM
i generally like the employees at my local gamestops, although a few have had swollen heads/egos. but i loathe gamestop for the corp crap they pull on thier customers.
screw big biz
---
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!
#5qwertyMrJINXPosted 2/22/2013 10:42:54 AM
Almost every used game I ever bought from them didn't work at all.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#6Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/22/2013 10:44:53 AM
Probably because I work in retail as well, but I don't have a problem with any store level employees, unless they're the ones that stand off in a corner on their cell phone all day. A/K/A - Useless.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#7MalifacentXPosted 2/22/2013 10:45:02 AM
A great deal of it goes alongside personal experience. People are often put out by one particular employee, and they see it representive of the entire company. While I've had my share of employees whose faces I wanted to brick (only 2 in particular in my entire life), most of my experiences there have been overall very pleasant and I've made some pretty decent acquaintances.

I think that a lot of others are very upset at how little money they receive for a trade in (e.g., $18 for ALIENS: Colonial Marines, released only weeks ago)... forgetting a time when trading games wasn't even possible.

People can think what they may, but I too have to question why so many people have to try and convince others that this entirely legitimate business is out to get us.

(For those upset about the opened case being sold as new... I've always gotten a 10% discount for this, and have never had so much as a fingerprint on the disc)
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
You are a lightbulb assassin.
~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#8JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:45:07 AM
You know, I don't get the hate when a customer is asked for preorders. Pretty much every retail store asks for some sort of add on at the register.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
XBL: Jessica Jung xo (Halo Reach, Halo 4, Gears 2)
#9doodles40Posted 2/22/2013 10:45:27 AM
I don't really mind Gamestop but I do get really sick of being asked to buy 100 extra things at checkout. I just want my game and I want to leave.

That's why I started buying most of my games from Amazon.
#10flame030191Posted 2/22/2013 10:46:04 AM
People fail to realize theyre a business to make money, so they wont get $50 for a game they paid $60 for, especially a few months later.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.