This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Two questions

#1MosquitoSmasherPosted 2/22/2013 12:50:34 PM
First question

I only have a 40GB hdd and somehow someway...i only have 23GB left of the 35GB. I checked the game data utility and i see no installed games or demos. So i can't help but wonder what is taking this space?

Second question

So i wonder if i can use a USB stick as HDD...i tried it. But i can't seem to download stuff to it or copy gamedata to it. Is this even possible?
#2toadiemanPosted 2/22/2013 12:51:37 PM
The operating system.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3MosquitoSmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:55:40 PM
toadieman posted...
The operating system.

Really? But the HDD is supposed to be 40GB. But it says 23 of the 35 gb left. 35 gb because 5 is used for the OS s what i'd assume. But the OS is actually taking up 17gb?
#4rahmed51387Posted 2/22/2013 12:55:52 PM
MosquitoSmasher posted...
First question

I only have a 40GB hdd and somehow someway...i only have 23GB left of the 35GB. I checked the game data utility and i see no installed games or demos. So i can't help but wonder what is taking this space?

Second question

So i wonder if i can use a USB stick as HDD...i tried it. But i can't seem to download stuff to it or copy gamedata to it. Is this even possible?

Toadie answered your first question.

2nd - You can copy data from STICK to CONSOLE. The data you can send from CONSOLE to STICK is yes and no. Games and gamedata are generally no if the stick cannot be formatted to the PS3's specifications.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#5AlltraPosted 2/22/2013 12:56:27 PM
The rest of it is probably update data for the firmware or something.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#6MosquitoSmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:07:26 PM
rahmed51387 posted...
MosquitoSmasher posted...
First question

Second question

Toadie answered your first question.

2nd - You can copy data from STICK to CONSOLE. The data you can send from CONSOLE to STICK is yes and no. Games and gamedata are generally no if the stick cannot be formatted to the PS3's specifications.

I looked at a video on youtube and i did it exactly that way. But the PS3 doesn't even give me an option to copy files when i'm in the gamedata utility folder. Too bad..i was hoping i could put Darksiders 2 and Sly Collection on it by downloading them directly on the usb stick.