This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why have gamers become so bitter?

#1shadowcat2164Posted 2/22/2013 1:24:59 PM
I grew up in the 16 bit era I never remembered anyone getting int to pissing contests over what company had better sales or why one console was better or worse than another. I never saw anyone crying the sky is falling because their console wasn't doing well and I had friends who had a cdi lol.

it just amazes me how jaded and entitled gamers have become and I wish it would stop and people would just go back to enjoying what makes games great and leave politics and fanboyism out of it lol
#2toadiemanPosted 2/22/2013 1:25:56 PM
Agreed.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3RollingCradlePosted 2/22/2013 1:27:19 PM
You were just too young to remember all the heated SNES vs Genesis debates, son.
#4theshovellerPosted 2/22/2013 1:28:59 PM
I agree with the TC, and it's something I've said before. While there was a rivalry between Sega and Nintendo, it wasn't as horrendous as it has gotten to in the last ten years or so.
#5smoky820Posted 2/22/2013 1:30:44 PM
it was like that back then the only differences were there was no internet, and gaming wasnt as mainstream as it is now so there were fewer people to complain
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#6CBASH13Posted 2/22/2013 1:32:40 PM
A lot of what you're talking about is simply due to the internet. If the majority of the people on this board had to have a conversation about one of these topics in person, their views would dramatically change because they are not protected by the anonymity of the internet.
---
It is what it is
#7SigmaHacielPosted 2/22/2013 1:34:49 PM
CBASH13 posted...
A lot of what you're talking about is simply due to the internet. If the majority of the people on this board had to have a conversation about one of these topics in person, their views would dramatically change because they are not protected by the anonymity of the internet.

Correct.

Also, it doesn't help when the industry that WE built has forgotten that we built it and is instead raking us over the coals.
#8RollingCradlePosted 2/22/2013 1:34:54 PM
Yeah without internet I'd be kicking a whole lotta nerds' asses in person I tell ya what!
#9RafedxPosted 2/22/2013 1:39:01 PM
CBASH13 posted...

This^^ This is the answer for more or less everything.

Back in the day the internet wasn't around, and when it did finally come into existence it was only used by a small minority and you had to be a specific age to even know how to use it, it was also seen as nerd territory up until I think 2005 when it really took off and everyone started to us it.

Now anyone can tell everyone what they hate about such and such product. Back in my day we had people talking about the SNES vs Genesis junk all the time, it just didn't seem like that many people where whining because we never had an internet with gaming forums filled with thousands of people.

Seriously get off the internet for a week and see how much whining you actually don't see. On the internet you can hear the opinions of every entitled prepubescent teen and neck beard from around the world at any given time.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#10AalviPosted 2/22/2013 1:39:54 PM
RollingCradle posted...
You were just too young to remember all the heated SNES vs Genesis debates, son.

---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile