This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why have gamers become so bitter?

#151LoveSheepPosted 2/26/2013 11:11:21 AM
True Gamers play on as many platforms as available.

PC, PS3, 360, DS, Vita, older systems.

The DRM complaints was mostly PC.

But PS2 blocking third party PS1 memory cards.
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
#152Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/26/2013 11:13:28 AM
Bitter, shallow, sexist, racist, apathetic.

When you're these things socially it's no surprise the community will be ass.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#153true_gamer80Posted 2/26/2013 11:17:47 AM
why have gamers become so bitter?

they havent lol....most gamers play and enjoy what they like.....then you have the internet "gamers" who barely actually play anything, usually fall right into the casual category, are completely inexperienced yet think they are know it alls,, fight about the most irrelevant of things etc etc

Gamers are fine and in no way bitter...you jump onto the net and go to certain forums and its filled with nonsense, hate, ignorance and negativiy....

its what happens when the gaming has gone mainstream....you will have a very large number of ppl that complain and care about crap they really shouldnt....dont worry theres millions and millions of level headed gamers who love gaming, its just there playing games or dont care about hatng or being negatve on any and everything on forums every single day

GF in no way, shape or form represents gamers as awhole if it did I would quit gaming. Think of places like these as cesspools of the worst of the worst.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#154secondhand1Posted 2/26/2013 11:42:38 AM
LoveSheep posted...
True Gamers play on as many platforms as available.

PC, PS3, 360, DS, Vita, older systems.

The DRM complaints was mostly PC.

But PS2 blocking third party PS1 memory cards.

"True Gamers"? Really?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#155LoveSheepPosted 2/26/2013 3:52:39 PM
Fan Boys and elitists only play one game system. PC gamers call themselves the gaming master race.

Fanboyism goes back to 2nd generation

Got to its worst in the 4th generation Sega Nintendo fanboys.

if you limit your choice of consoles and platforms you limit your game selection.
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
#156viajarvPosted 2/26/2013 3:57:09 PM
We're bitter because in-game chat has made everyone hate each other.
#157solidpricemmoPosted 2/26/2013 4:09:24 PM
Alltra posted...
I'm bitter because the kind of games I love playing aren't being made anymore, and I don't particularly care or have fun playing most of these newer games. I also don't really care for a lot of the new practices companies have implemented since the "Online Age" began.

this.
lots of "dlc" for things that used to be there >.> .....
#158fisheye11Posted 2/26/2013 4:14:40 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
I grew up in the 16 bit era I never remembered anyone getting int to pissing contests over what company had better sales or why one console was better or worse than another. I never saw anyone crying the sky is falling because their console wasn't doing well and I had friends who had a cdi lol.

it just amazes me how jaded and entitled gamers have become and I wish it would stop and people would just go back to enjoying what makes games great and leave politics and fanboyism out of it lol

the reason is the existence of the internet.

i totally agree with you BTW.
---
Currently playing; Torchlight 2, Binding of Isaac, The Cave, Deathspank
Anticipating; Warrior's Lair
#159ShinXaguraPosted 2/26/2013 4:59:35 PM
WantedOutlaw posted...
The internet is the reason. The anonymity that comes with sitting behind a computer screen creates vocal tough kids that want to whine about everything whereas in real life their social anxiety would be too overwhelming to allow them to speak up.

This
---
My life is Disgaea.
#160blackhrtPosted 2/27/2013 6:50:07 PM
I bet the TC didn't think this topic would go to 500. But its worthy of such a title.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."