This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally time I play them...Demons Souls or Dark Souls?

#21torch00Posted 2/22/2013 4:29:02 PM
I like Demon's Souls a lot lot more than Dark Souls. This isn't to say Dark Souls isn't a great game, it truly is, but Demon's Souls just has that classic quality to it.
#22ab2c4Posted 2/22/2013 4:42:36 PM
Both games are great but I enjoyed Dark Souls more.
#23PoorCountryPosted 2/22/2013 6:45:55 PM
DuneMan posted...
DocDelicious posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
Demons is the better EXPERIENCE while Dark is the better GAME. Demons souls just feels more polished with its mechanics and world while Dark has a LOT more to it.

Dark has more weapons/armor but Demon's is the longer game.

Having dumped 100's of hours into each title, Demon's Souls is the shorter game by a wide margin(and without counting the DLC areas of Dark Souls). That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the ambition of Dark Souls created a number of cracks around the edges, so to speak. The levels in Demon's Souls are more deliberate in their layouts and physical space. Dark Souls loses a bit of charm compared to the world in Demon's Souls. None of this is meant to imply that Dark Souls is bad by any means. It's just a trade off for having a larger game with lots of extra content.

I like the level design in Dark Souls. That it feels naturally unforgiving and can be an obstacle on its own makes the world more believable. I think the trade-off is that Demon's Souls has an artistically moody air, and Dark Souls' lore feels richer, like a dark fantasy novel.
#24Aragorn428777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:07:35 PM
Well I ended up going with Demon's Souls. Sort of lucked out too, cause the GS employee gave me a new Max Payne 3 strategy guide free, which was pleasantly ironic since I just got that game last week and started it haha.

Anyways, wish me luck!
---
PSN: Br00talChives
Playing: RDR GOTY, Max Payne 3, PROTOTYPE 2
#25RaengPosted 2/22/2013 11:41:12 PM
Enjoy man!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15