This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally time I play them...Demons Souls or Dark Souls?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Finally time I play them...Demons Souls or Dark Souls?

User Info: Crikey

Crikey
3 years ago#21
I like Demon's Souls a lot lot more than Dark Souls. This isn't to say Dark Souls isn't a great game, it truly is, but Demon's Souls just has that classic quality to it.

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
3 years ago#22
Both games are great but I enjoyed Dark Souls more.

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
3 years ago#23
DuneMan posted...
DocDelicious posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
Demons is the better EXPERIENCE while Dark is the better GAME. Demons souls just feels more polished with its mechanics and world while Dark has a LOT more to it.

Dark has more weapons/armor but Demon's is the longer game.

Having dumped 100's of hours into each title, Demon's Souls is the shorter game by a wide margin(and without counting the DLC areas of Dark Souls). That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the ambition of Dark Souls created a number of cracks around the edges, so to speak. The levels in Demon's Souls are more deliberate in their layouts and physical space. Dark Souls loses a bit of charm compared to the world in Demon's Souls. None of this is meant to imply that Dark Souls is bad by any means. It's just a trade off for having a larger game with lots of extra content.

I like the level design in Dark Souls. That it feels naturally unforgiving and can be an obstacle on its own makes the world more believable. I think the trade-off is that Demon's Souls has an artistically moody air, and Dark Souls' lore feels richer, like a dark fantasy novel.

User Info: Aragorn428777

Aragorn428777
3 years ago#24
Well I ended up going with Demon's Souls. Sort of lucked out too, cause the GS employee gave me a new Max Payne 3 strategy guide free, which was pleasantly ironic since I just got that game last week and started it haha.

Anyways, wish me luck!
PSN: Br00talChives
Playing: RDR GOTY, Max Payne 3, PROTOTYPE 2

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 years ago#25
Enjoy man!
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Finally time I play them...Demons Souls or Dark Souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived