This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku calls Sony sexist - waiting from official response from Sony.

#121The Real TruthPosted 2/24/2013 12:24:47 AM
Don't visit Kotaku's website. Boycott them for being awful.
---
Tornadoman78:
tornadoman and tornadogirl like to kick box each other in my tornaolayzers and she dosent even mind getting hit
#122bigjig777Posted 2/24/2013 12:35:58 AM
Quote:Don't visit Kotaku's website. Boycott them for being awful.
@The Real Truth

This. People really need to stop rewarding Kotaku for publishing these inane articles.
---
Be water, my friend
#123brycemorrPosted 2/24/2013 12:44:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...
There always needs to be gender equality.
50% of the population is female, this must be accurately represented.

A company wants to hire 10 people. 95 males apply, 5 females apply.
That means those 5 females have to be hired no matter what to ensure gender equality.

When I hire people its not about race, gender, or religion. Its about who can do the job the best. My company on have 6 women working there 3 are customer service/sales the rest do construction. and theres about 60 guys. Tell me do I have to fire 30 of my guys?
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#124kupo1705Posted 2/24/2013 1:02:34 AM
brycemorr posted...
kupo1705 posted...

That means those 5 females have to be hired no matter what to ensure gender equality.

When I hire people its not about race, gender, or religion. Its about who can do the job the best. My company on have 6 women working there 3 are customer service/sales the rest do construction. and theres about 60 guys. Tell me do I have to fire 30 of my guys?

No, but that's how the writer of the article thinks.
#125JLW2Posted 2/24/2013 6:38:36 AM
Kotaku: "Sony, can we talk for a minute about sexism?"

Sony: "Shut up Kotaku!! Go make me a sandwich! And bring me a beer while I play Call of Duty."

Kotaku: "But you said we were going out dancing tonight!"

Sony: "Where's my beer!!!!"

Kotaku: "......I'm getting it now."

*Kotaku locks itself in bathroom and cries as Sony plays Call of Duty*
---
PSN: joeylw, LIVE: JLW2
3DS FC: 0533 - 4107 - 5887
#126flintzPosted 2/24/2013 7:51:18 AM
kupo1705 posted...

yes....and its so sad. Ive seen some really great men lose potential job offers to women, even though they were clearly better in the interview.
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#127DuneManPosted 2/24/2013 8:44:59 AM
kupo1705 posted...

No, they really shouldn't.

Employers are supposed to uphold equal opportunity employment, which means hiring based on merit and not socioeconomic categories. You're describing affirmative action, where you artificially skew the employee pool to satisfy 'political correctness' because some folks decreed that employers need to swap a perceived historical bias for a new 'P.C.' bias.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#128theshovellerPosted 2/24/2013 9:12:37 AM
In case anyone cares, Kotaku still hasn't responded to my claims of them being anti-American. EEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIL!
#129Red_JesterPosted 2/24/2013 9:49:21 AM(edited)
So will you guys please quit going to Kotaku now? Not even just to read a few entries. Don't give them the advertising hits.

Gawker runs Kotaku now. Kotaku was the last Gawker owned blog that wasn't being a good little peon and making up at least five reasons a week to have a left-leaning, social progressive stance pushed onto their readers.

Gawker came down hard on Kotaku. That's why writers left the site and why the most perfectly diverse set of writers ever all came aboard at once, making this far more than just a coincidence in hiring. You have all race, gender, sexual orientation and even transgendered all represented in just one single batch of hiring.

Basically, Kotaku's main goal now is to explain to young white males who play video games what kind of entitled, racist, homophobic, sexist people they are. Gawker realizes how many kids and teenagers view gaming sites, so they're pushing the propaganda and brainwashing into overdrive on Kotaku. Watch how commenters from all over Gawker blogs SWARM topics about what I've mentioned above and go on a dogpile of attacking anyone who disagrees and making so many comments in an attempt to hide those comments.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#130BadreviewPosted 2/24/2013 9:49:22 AM
here you can go to her facebook and spam her

https://www.facebook.com/ashpanic