This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku calls Sony sexist - waiting from official response from Sony.

#61params7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 4:34:09 PM
nclrwntr posted...
Gamestop is sexist. They have way more male employees than female.

The nursing industry is sexist. There are way more female nurses than male.

Construction is sexist. Way more men than women.

Samsung Korea has way more Korean employees than any other ethnicity. They're racist.

Good points, lmao
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png
#62KOTRsssPosted 2/22/2013 9:39:53 PM
Kenaue posted...
Patricia Hernandez

Not Kotaku...Just her....although she is a writer for them, but still, just her....She is easily one of the worst writers on the net. She doesn't bring content, she just likes to scream sexism from the top of buildings....Really. 99% of her articles are about "sexism this, and sexism that!". The other 1% is about racism. She sees both sexism and racism in places it doesn't exist.

Oh gosh, someone that writes about sexism? There's like, none of that in the world, right?
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#63RollingCradlePosted 2/23/2013 1:06:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64Brocken_JrPosted 2/23/2013 1:12:08 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Jesus Christ. Women need to shut the **** up about this kind of thing. Sony is a privately owned business ad should be able to do or hire whoever the hell they want.

yeah. if it was all girls noone would be complainin, just sayin that girls dont play games and thats it
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#65Jx1010Posted 2/23/2013 1:23:27 AM
Its not sexist at all.

You dont hear men saying Victorias secret is sexist for not including men.

This is just a bunch of feminists who want to see women superiority instead of equality
#66TehPwnzererPosted 2/23/2013 1:30:26 AM
I think a MAJOR problem today is this notion that we need to "get women into" certain fields that they already have full freedom to pursue if they so desire, but just choose not to. Men and women have different interests. Always have, always will. It's sexist in and of itself to assume that a male dominated field is so because of sexism and not because of a fundamental difference in hobbies. It's the same reason we don't see as many women in sports, or politics, or in physically dominating jobs in society, their brains are hardwired differently and no matter how much neo-feminism wants to try and pretend that we're all the same and there's no such thing as "difference", we aren't, and there is. It's nature. The idea that no women on stage means that Sony sexist would imply that Sony would have to remove at least one of the male hosts from the stage and replacing them with females. What if those males were the best suited candidates to present the show? Would that not be sexist? There's a very fine line being crossed today where this sense of entitlement among women is really starting to invade the equality they once fought for.
#67CrossRavenPosted 2/23/2013 1:34:03 AM
Ever since Crecente left and Totilo took over, Kotaku just wants attention. They weren't great before, especially Luke Plunkett who can't make a simple news post without getting his opinion in, but now they are just terrible.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#68LightRukiaPosted 2/23/2013 2:22:02 AM
I think a MAJOR problem today is this notion that we need to "get women into" certain fields that they already have full freedom to pursue if they so desire, but just choose not to. Men and women have different interests. Always have, always will. It's sexist in and of itself to assume that a male dominated field is so because of sexism and not because of a fundamental difference in hobbies. It's the same reason we don't see as many women in sports, or politics, or in physically dominating jobs in society, their brains are hardwired differently and no matter how much neo-feminism wants to try and pretend that we're all the same and there's no such thing as "difference", we aren't, and there is. It's nature. The idea that no women on stage means that Sony sexist would imply that Sony would have to remove at least one of the male hosts from the stage and replacing them with females. What if those males were the best suited candidates to present the show? Would that not be sexist? There's a very fine line being crossed today where this sense of entitlement among women is really starting to invade the equality they once fought for.

With regards to women with sports and physically dominating jobs interest, how the brain is hardwired is only half the problem. Women are physically weaker than men, this is a fact, most women know this so they don't see much reasons to pursue many sports.

Most of the women who do purse sports don't get as much as attention as the men side (WNBA for example). Which is also part of the reason why we don't see lots of younger females wanting to be basketball players, since it's not as glorified as the men's NBA.

With regards to video games I think a very small part in the reason why some women don't play videos is because many games are indeed made to appeal to males. Just like you have males who don't like to play as females you also have women who don't like to play males (even though imo that's a weak reason to not play a game).

As for this article, as a female myself I have to say who cares? Are some women really that desperate to find sexism that they have to complain about there being no females on stage? Really? I literately rolled my eyes at this because this is one the most unnecessary and pointless complaints I have ever heard.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#69Bancario51Posted 2/23/2013 2:28:34 AM
Kotaku is feminist now?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#70TehPwnzererPosted 2/23/2013 2:32:59 AM
LightRukia posted...

With regards to women with sports and physically dominating jobs interest, how the brain is hardwired is only half the problem. Women are physically weaker than men, this is a fact, most women know this so they don't see much reasons to pursue many sports.

Most of the women who do purse sports don't get as much as attention as the men side (WNBA for example). Which is also part of the reason why we don't see lots of younger females wanting to be basketball players, since it's not as glorified as the men's NBA.

With regards to video games I think a very small part in the reason why some women don't play videos is because many games are indeed made to appeal to males. Just like you have males who don't like to play as females you also have women who don't like to play males (even though imo that's a weak reason to not play a game).

As for this article, as a female myself I have to say who cares? Are some women really that desperate to find sexism that they have to complain about there being no females on stage? Really? I literately rolled my eyes at this because this is one the most unnecessary and pointless complaints I have ever heard.

I agree with almost everything you said except that men don't like to play as women. Gamers don't care what gender the character is. They don't even care what they look like, contrary to what feminist frequency likes to believe. Gamers just want to play games. That means playing a smokin hot babe like Lara Croft, or playing Faith from Mirror's Edge.

If the game gives them choice and freedom to do what they expect from a game, it doesn't matter if the protagonist is a man or a woman. The only time it makes a difference is when we have ridiculous alpha women taking on the role of Duke Nukem and pretending they can be just as efficient at weeding out hordes of aliens as a man can. I just find it ridiculous and even patronizing to women above all. As if there can't be any weak women in games or movies anymore because we have to pander to this idea that women can do whatever men can do, when the reality is, they can't. And saying they can't isn't sexist, it's a biological fact.

It's the reason why throughout most of history, women have been relegated to house work and men to physical labor and protection. Women see all women throughout history doing dishes and taking care of children and are very quick to call patriarchy and misogyny, but are just as quick to ignore all the work men had to do throughout history. Sweat tears, and broken bones and backs don't matter to feminists, only dishes and laundry.

But like I said I agree with everything else you said.