This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku calls Sony sexist - waiting from official response from Sony.

#81AnotherSomebodyPosted 2/23/2013 6:03:53 AM
It's because of things like this that I no longer visit kotaku; they used to be an excellent site with a great writing staff, but it seems like all that talent, or at least most of it, went to polygon. It seems like now the only things kotaku are good for is trying to stir up controversy and acting like intellectually superior fat-heads in general.
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#82CondemnatnWingsPosted 2/23/2013 6:08:32 AM
I propose we have each developer present a large team of male and female heterosexuals, bisexuals, transvestites/sexuals, and homosexuals, and have each group have a member of every race to present their product to avoid lawsuits.

Then after that, we can have articles about implying that people of different sexual orientation/race aren't the same and should be put into groups.
#83Castiel39Posted 2/23/2013 7:26:16 AM
Not exactly a Sony fanatic, but Kotaku is quite dumb (almost as dumb as IGN). They lost all credibility when they decided to bash Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 for flaws that aren't even flaws.
#84vervainePosted 2/23/2013 8:15:10 AM
Kotaku is pathetic. Out of all things that could be said about Sony's event, they pick this.

There IS a problem in the industry - more difficult career path for female programmers and the treatment of female gamers online - but Sony's conference had little to do with that. It's more of a lack of females in upper management in individual IT-like companies, something completely unrelated to PS4. =.=
#85SomeMacGuyPosted 2/23/2013 8:42:19 AM(edited)
smh. people still fall for these kotaku feminism articles?
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO
#86DW2189Posted 2/23/2013 8:51:28 AM
Whenever I see appliances commercials, I see only women. Can't men cook, wash or clean? Damn sexism, I'm an offended male.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#87killakPosted 2/23/2013 8:54:29 AM
Why is this being discussed here?
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp
#88TehPwnzererPosted 2/23/2013 9:54:53 AM(edited)
vervaine posted...
Kotaku is pathetic. Out of all things that could be said about Sony's event, they pick this.

There IS a problem in the industry - more difficult career path for female programmers and the treatment of female gamers online - but Sony's conference had little to do with that. It's more of a lack of females in upper management in individual IT-like companies, something completely unrelated to PS4. =.=

It's not hard for women to get into programming providing they have the skills to do so. That's a blatant lie. Infact a woman that has the same skills as a man would probably be considered before him thanks to our politically correct dictatorship that says women are still oppressed and we need to even out the playing field.

As far as how women are treated online, that's not a problem, it's a very minor, trivial inconvenience and is something that should be expected in a competitive field. Men talk trash to anyone, anyone that has a weak spot will be criticized while in a severely competitive area, not just women. There's nothing that says the rules should bend to accommodate women online, they just need to grow thicker skin. The idea that we need to pander to female gamers online insinuates that they're too weak to take what gamers dish out. Let's stop treating women like they can't fight their own battles yeah?
#89harcoreblazerPosted 2/23/2013 9:29:10 AM
This is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read.
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
#90googlerPosted 2/23/2013 9:55:27 AM
The comments to her article perfectly sum her up and general consensus about her idiocy. Every article that she's written has been about women this, gender equality that and they all suck and have a femenazi viewpoint but I guess its a typical reflection of the gawker/jezebel attitude on those sites