This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never played Hitman so should I start with Absolution?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 2/22/2013 5:51:01 PM
Heard its good and not so good. Thoughts?
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Sly 4
#2DoukouPosted 2/22/2013 5:53:57 PM
I liked it.
To be honest it's more linear than the other Hitmans, but the controls AI and level design make up for it.
Also playing old Hitmans may be hard do to their controls.
---
Don't read this sig.
#3ryouma17Posted 2/22/2013 5:56:32 PM
i didnt like it, no surprise there i havent seen a game i liked in a few years
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#4huyiPosted 2/22/2013 5:59:49 PM
Absolution is good, but whatever you do, don't go and play the older games, you are in for a ride, they are much harder than Absolution.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#5Sevi_neyPosted 2/22/2013 6:03:34 PM
No. it will turn you off the series permanently
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#6steker16Posted 2/22/2013 6:04:35 PM
blood money was the only one i really liked
---
nomnomnom
#7Drakengard002Posted 2/22/2013 6:07:57 PM
It's an excellent game and while not the typical Hitman title it does do a good amount new with the series.

If you want to play any of the older ones I'd only suggest to play Blood Money as it is an amazing game in it's own right. Blood Money's levels are some of the best ever crafted. They're all just so good. Absolution not so much though that's because they focused on there being a narrative that mattered more than anything else.
---
|\
|_/RAKENGARD: The game you do not deserve to have twist your mind.
#8huyiPosted 2/22/2013 6:09:48 PM
Drakengard002 posted...
It's an excellent game and while not the typical Hitman title it does do a good amount new with the series.

If you want to play any of the older ones I'd only suggest to play Blood Money as it is an amazing game in it's own right. Blood Money's levels are some of the best ever crafted. They're all just so good. Absolution not so much though that's because they focused on there being a narrative that mattered more than anything else.

blood money is indeed better out of the three, but contracts and the other game is much harder and won't hold your hand compared to absolution.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9keybladeXIIIPosted 2/22/2013 6:10:00 PM
Yeah it's a solid game and I played it after not playing a Hitman game for a loooong time( to the point where it felt new to me).

The only people that say it's bad (like any series nowadays) are the ones who think it's too different from the rest, or that it's not a Blood Money 2.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#10wigsplasherPosted 2/22/2013 6:10:18 PM
This is a really stupid question and topic, TC.

It's the fifth entry in the series and although it's never been story-heavy, it still has somewhat of a plot. Do yourself a favour and buy the HD collection that just came out.
---
3D gaming is overrated