This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sandbox Games

#1Ke7hplPosted 2/22/2013 9:11:48 PM
What are some good sandbox games. I'm looking for something kinda like Sleeping Dogs. I'm sick of the New York or L.A. setting. Thanks for the help.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#2TroutfischPosted 2/22/2013 9:14:08 PM
If you haven't played the inFamous games they're worth a look, especially inFamous 2 considering you're looking for something outside of NY or LA as this game takes place in a New Orleans inspired environment.

Also, if you haven't played Just Cause 2 do yourself a favor and pick it up now. Easily the best sandbox game this gen imo.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#3MudbuttSanchezPosted 2/22/2013 9:15:43 PM
I heard sleeping dogs is pretty good
#4Ke7hpl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:19:06 PM
I own Just Cause 2.

As for Sleeping Dogs, I've played it. Don't own it, but PSStore has it for $49.99 (Includes 3DLCs, Retro Pack, Triad pack, Street Racer Pack.)

I'm not sure if that is a good deal, I could snag it and use my $5 Sony gave me.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
#5ElBorak77Posted 2/22/2013 9:22:36 PM
assassin's creed games
far cry games (in the jungle)
red faction guerilla (mars)
red dead (old west)
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#6Ke7hpl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:25:34 PM
I guess it would be helpful to others if I posted up which games I had/played

Mafia II (Played, Great game)
GTA IV (Own)
Just Cause 2 (Own)
Far Cry 3 (Own)
Dead Rising (Played the 1st, tried the 2nd, but never got to Off The Record)

Friends have been telling me to Try the Yakuza series. I don't know much info on it. Nor have I played any of them.
---
#7alfred_e_nuemanPosted 2/22/2013 10:00:49 PM
Troutfisch posted...
If you haven't played the inFamous games they're worth a look, especially inFamous 2 considering you're looking for something outside of NY or LA as this game takes place in a New Orleans inspired environment.

I second this. I literally just finished inFamous 2 for the first time (completely evil run) and am still coming down off the adrenaline rush from the last level.
#8PancakesRock15Posted 2/22/2013 10:02:58 PM
alfred_e_nueman posted...
Troutfisch posted...

I second this. I literally just finished inFamous 2 for the first time (completely evil run) and am still coming down off the adrenaline rush from the last level.

inFamous 1 and 2 are both absolutely great. One of the few superhero games on the market.
---
Currently playing= Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, PSASBR, Uncharted 3, Dust 514
PSN= Ultimatepancake
#9vind3dPosted 2/22/2013 10:10:50 PM
Ke7hpl posted...
...Friends have been telling me to Try the Yakuza series. I don't know much info on it. Nor have I played any of them.

I've only played Yakuza 4, and I think it is closer to a rpg than a sandbox game. Heavy on story and dialog.
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#10Red_JesterPosted 2/22/2013 10:34:45 PM
Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 2 and 3 I would recommend above all else.

Other than that there is:

Red Dead Redemption
Infamous series
Dead Island (LOVED this game, but much like Dead Rising, it seems to be a very love it or hate it kind of game, so I couldn't guarantee that you'd like it)
Yakuza series (never played them either)
The Saboteur (Very overlooked game)
Prototype series
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Mercenaries 2 (Glitchy and kind of average, but still good fun)
Assassin's Creed series
The Godfather 1 & 2

Racing/Sports:
Burnout Paradise
Driver: San Francisco
Skate 2 & 3 (Great games, pretty hilarious at times to boot)

RPGs:
Fallout 3/New Vegas
Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim
Two Worlds 2 (Lower budget, but definitely enjoyable)
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.