This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sandbox Games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sandbox Games
4 years ago#1
What are some good sandbox games. I'm looking for something kinda like Sleeping Dogs. I'm sick of the New York or L.A. setting. Thanks for the help.
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
4 years ago#2
If you haven't played the inFamous games they're worth a look, especially inFamous 2 considering you're looking for something outside of NY or LA as this game takes place in a New Orleans inspired environment.

Also, if you haven't played Just Cause 2 do yourself a favor and pick it up now. Easily the best sandbox game this gen imo.
PSN: Troutfisch
4 years ago#3
I heard sleeping dogs is pretty good
4 years ago#4
I own Just Cause 2.

As for Sleeping Dogs, I've played it. Don't own it, but PSStore has it for $49.99 (Includes 3DLCs, Retro Pack, Triad pack, Street Racer Pack.)

I'm not sure if that is a good deal, I could snag it and use my $5 Sony gave me.
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
4 years ago#5
assassin's creed games
far cry games (in the jungle)
red faction guerilla (mars)
red dead (old west)
PSN El_Borak_77
4 years ago#6
I guess it would be helpful to others if I posted up which games I had/played

Mafia II (Played, Great game)
GTA IV (Own)
Just Cause 2 (Own)
Far Cry 3 (Own)
Dead Rising (Played the 1st, tried the 2nd, but never got to Off The Record)

Friends have been telling me to Try the Yakuza series. I don't know much info on it. Nor have I played any of them.
4 years ago#7
Troutfisch posted...
If you haven't played the inFamous games they're worth a look, especially inFamous 2 considering you're looking for something outside of NY or LA as this game takes place in a New Orleans inspired environment.

I second this. I literally just finished inFamous 2 for the first time (completely evil run) and am still coming down off the adrenaline rush from the last level.
4 years ago#8
alfred_e_nueman posted...
Troutfisch posted...

I second this. I literally just finished inFamous 2 for the first time (completely evil run) and am still coming down off the adrenaline rush from the last level.

inFamous 1 and 2 are both absolutely great. One of the few superhero games on the market.
Currently playing= Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, PSASBR, Uncharted 3, Dust 514
PSN= Ultimatepancake
4 years ago#9
Ke7hpl posted...
...Friends have been telling me to Try the Yakuza series. I don't know much info on it. Nor have I played any of them.

I've only played Yakuza 4, and I think it is closer to a rpg than a sandbox game. Heavy on story and dialog.
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
4 years ago#10
Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 2 and 3 I would recommend above all else.

Other than that there is:

Red Dead Redemption
Infamous series
Dead Island (LOVED this game, but much like Dead Rising, it seems to be a very love it or hate it kind of game, so I couldn't guarantee that you'd like it)
Yakuza series (never played them either)
The Saboteur (Very overlooked game)
Prototype series
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Mercenaries 2 (Glitchy and kind of average, but still good fun)
Assassin's Creed series
The Godfather 1 & 2

Racing/Sports:
Burnout Paradise
Driver: San Francisco
Skate 2 & 3 (Great games, pretty hilarious at times to boot)

RPGs:
Fallout 3/New Vegas
Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim
Two Worlds 2 (Lower budget, but definitely enjoyable)
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sandbox Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived