This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who played MGR:R and its demo

#1gzus_ADPosted 2/22/2013 9:22:00 PM
how fair was the demo of representing the final product? I wasn't exactly having fun with the demo, but I know demos can be misleading.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#2AwayFromHerePosted 2/22/2013 9:23:09 PM
Pretty close. Might be easier to parry in the full game though.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3carib2gPosted 2/22/2013 9:37:47 PM
Very fair representation.

I find it to be an incredible action game though! Especially now that I'm getting better at the sword play and free cutting...
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#4warrenmatsPosted 2/22/2013 9:40:49 PM
Parrying is easier in the final version.

The game is fun though, and it's not that short of a game either. The in-game timer said that I beat the game in 4 hours and 15 mins, but it actually took me about 7 hours.
---
:D
#5jubjub360Posted 2/22/2013 9:44:08 PM
Parrying is only easier in the final version because they tell you how to actually do it in the final version.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#6DocDeliciousPosted 2/22/2013 9:52:27 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Parrying is only easier in the final version because they tell you how to actually do it in the final version.

They tell you how in the demo as well. But in the demo the angle you parry at and your timing had to be much more precise...which was awesome. I really wish they wouldn't have changed it.

Anyway, TC, it's a bit different when you're not just being thrown into the second or third level in the game with no idea what's going on. They managed to fix some of the bugs present in the demo but many of them are still in the final product.
It's a good game. Definitely worth a look, but if you don't like it...you don't like it. Not a big deal. Demo is kinda close to the final version. That particular level doesn't have too many enemies and the ones that are there aren't aggressive at all though. The game really shines when there's a lot going on.
---
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Borderlands 2, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#7jubjub360Posted 2/22/2013 9:55:17 PM
DocDelicious posted...
jubjub360 posted...

They tell you how in the demo as well. But in the demo the angle you parry at and your timing had to be much more precise...which was awesome. I really wish they wouldn't have changed it.

Anyway, TC, it's a bit different when you're not just being thrown into the second or third level in the game with no idea what's going on. They managed to fix some of the bugs present in the demo but many of them are still in the final product.
It's a good game. Definitely worth a look, but if you don't like it...you don't like it. Not a big deal. Demo is kinda close to the final version. That particular level doesn't have too many enemies and the ones that are there aren't aggressive at all though. The game really shines when there's a lot going on.

The demo just puts the command on the screen. Unlike in the final version, it doesn't have it in the tutorial. It doesn't say "hey push the stick in the direction of the oncoming attacker while pressing X" like it does in the final version. It literally just has the prompt on screen.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#8gzus_AD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:57:38 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Demo is kinda close to the final version. That particular level doesn't have too many enemies and the ones that are there aren't aggressive at all though. The game really shines when there's a lot going on.

Yeah, the demo just seemed so sterile. I'm going through Vanquish right now, and from what I remember of Bayonetta, there's always chaos on screen and it just gets your blood pumping. I'll check it out after I'm done with a couple games in my backlog; it'll probably drop in price by then.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#9velvet_hammerPosted 2/22/2013 10:59:27 PM
the demo is a poor representation imo.. game is much better, and you have way more tools to use in the game.. demo was bare bones
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#10JahkeemyorkPosted 2/22/2013 11:13:33 PM
The final version parrying is much easier on timing but on very hard and revengeance difficulty it's very strict