This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So now that the Facestation is upon us, how many will stick to Ps3 or give up

#1SophisticationPosted 2/23/2013 12:04:48 AM
gaming all together?

Let's be honest here, Facestation just isn't for the core gamer... Social features and casual junk has invaded this thing and it's all downhill from here.

Touch pads
Motion controls
Social connectivity with facebook, twitter and youtube
uploading pointless videos so you can watch people play games
Profiles pages with likes and interest

What the hell happened? And where was this 8gb of "the best ram in the world" being used at on those games they did show? I didn't see it. I seen Wii-u quality stuff here from the Facestation.

The cherry on top was the ability to not be able to use your PSN/PSN Content or PS+ content... That is what did me in on Ps4. I couldn't care less about physical media, but the digital stuff, that librariy I have amassed over the last 7 years was important... Sony and the Facestation will have to go on without this Sophistocrat.

What about you all? How do you feel about the Facestation and how soon will you buy one? Did the graphics even impress you at all?
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2RyuuHou25Posted 2/23/2013 12:10:19 AM
Sophistication posted...
gaming all together?

Let's be honest here, Facestation just isn't for the core gamer... Social features and casual junk has invaded this thing and it's all downhill from here.

Touch pads
Motion controls

What the hell happened? And where was this 8gb of "the best ram in the world" being used at on those games they did show? I didn't see it. I seen Wii-u quality stuff here from the Facestation.

The cherry on top was the ability to not be able to use your PSN/PSN Content or PS+ content... That is what did me in on Ps4. I couldn't care less about physical media, but the digital stuff, that librariy I have amassed over the last 7 years was important... Sony and the Facestation will have to go on without this Sophistocrat.

What about you all? How do you feel about the Facestation and how soon will you buy one? Did the graphics even impress you at all?

Ah star boy.....getting desperate I see.

Considering the PS3 has connectivity with Facebook, I fail to see the issue with it.

MILLIONS of people watch gameplay vids on youtube, so that share feature is going to be a welcome addition to many many people, especially those who dropped 300+ on PVRs.

Wii U quality.....yeah, Killzone could definitely be run on Wii U *laughs hysterically*

If you seriously thought anything on PSN was going to carry over, you're insanely na´ve and, as you keep proving, not at all sophisticated and informed.

Yes, graphics that look like pre rendered CGI with absolutely no pixilation and aliasing, damn impressed by that and can't wait to get it.

Also, really, facestation?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Willie_MakeitPosted 2/23/2013 12:11:16 AM
Wow, Sophi and me actually agreeing on something for a change? That's unheard of!!! Yeah screw that social networking/Facebook crap. I'll hang on to my PS3 for now and get something that isn't a PS4 next gen.
---
Sig.
#4archizzyPosted 2/23/2013 12:12:17 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65510169

You need to space your topics out more when you flip flop looking for post count.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:13:57 AM
archizzy posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65510169

You need to space your topics out more when you flip flop looking for post count.

That was days ago... I'm onto bigger and better things now. I've matured since then and see the reality of the situation now -- I've had guidance and understanding since that.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#6RyuuHou25Posted 2/23/2013 12:17:00 AM
Willie_Makeit posted...
Wow, Sophi and me actually agreeing on something for a change? That's unheard of!!! Yeah screw that social networking/Facebook crap. I'll hang on to my PS3 for now and get something that isn't a PS4 next gen.

You mean the PS3 that has Facebook connectivity on it......?
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:19:56 AM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
Sophistication posted...
gaming all together?

Touch pads
Motion controls

Ah star boy.....getting desperate I see. NOPE

Considering the PS3 has connectivity with Facebook, I fail to see the issue with it. Keep telling yourself that. PS3 didn't force it down your throat... And I never used it once.

MILLIONS of people watch gameplay vids on youtube, so that share feature is going to be a welcome addition to many many people, especially those who dropped 300+ on PVRs. And these people claim to be cool and have lives too, right?

Wii U quality.....yeah, Killzone could definitely be run on Wii U *laughs hysterically* Nothing on display was mind blowing... Nothing. Everything looked weak butter busicuits and you know it. You're just in denial. There is no way you can tell me anywhere that those games looked to be running on 8gb of the best ram in the world and off of even moderate CPU and GPU's.

If you seriously thought anything on PSN was going to carry over, you're insanely na´ve and, as you keep proving, not at all sophisticated and informed. Yes, many of us did... See, Sony almost even promised it and eluded to the fact by giving us PS+ offerings and uploading so many games to the PSN digitally. It was kind of implied... More so because Vita can play PSN games and it don't run off the cell.

Yes, graphics that look like pre rendered CGI with absolutely no pixilation and aliasing, damn impressed by that and can't wait to get it. Would you like me to tell Jack Trenton and Kaz to stop blowing into your goggles? They're fogging up your vision.

Also, really, facestation? Perfect name, a system that does everything lame and hipster and casual all in one place...

G'bye... You've been taught a valuable lesson by a sophistocratic oath keeper.

---
#8IBringItPosted 2/23/2013 12:28:52 AM
You should probably move on from this board then since all your topics recently are next-gen related. We know you're not getting a PS4 so may I direct you to...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-720

Have fun.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7fl22md
PSN: IconGrist
#9RyuuHou25Posted 2/23/2013 12:29:47 AM
So....you somehow have inside knowledge that the PS4 is going to MAKE you use Facebook??

Are you seriously that incensed that people actually enjoy watching gameplay videos?

Weak butter biscuits.....right.....like I said, you're getting desperate star boy.

Vita can play PSN games MADE for the Vita....there's kind of the PS3 version, and then the VITA version....and many PSN games do not HAVE a Vita version. But kudos on at least attempting some intelligent argument there.

My vision is better than 20/20, so.......

When all you can say against something is personal insults.....you've already lost star boy.
---
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:36:45 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
So....you somehow have inside knowledge that the PS4 is going to MAKE you use Facebook??

Are you seriously that incensed that people actually enjoy watching gameplay videos?

Weak butter biscuits.....right.....like I said, you're getting desperate star boy.

Vita can play PSN games MADE for the Vita....there's kind of the PS3 version, and then the VITA version....and many PSN games do not HAVE a Vita version. But kudos on at least attempting some intelligent argument there.

My vision is better than 20/20, so.......

When all you can say against something is personal insults.....you've already lost star boy.

I do not insult... I'm much too sophisticated. Try again. And I own several psn games that are on my vita as well.
---