This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cross generational games seem to be a bad idea.

#1zerogravity399Posted 2/23/2013 1:09:14 AM
"Hey John. I just got my PS4!"

"Cool! What games did you get"?

"I got Watch-Dogs! The graphics are awesome! Want to come play?"

"Oh...But John..I already have Watch Dogs on my PS3.."

"But the graphics are way better on the PS4 version!!!!"

"Eh nah its ok. Thanks anyway."

Pretty likely scenario. That's why I would have preferred next-gen games like Watch Dogs to stay on the next gen consoles. -Shrugs-
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/23/2013 1:14:51 AM
True.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3EinherjerShadowPosted 2/23/2013 1:16:20 AM
Oooor John should get better friends.
#4riddlebox89Posted 2/23/2013 1:20:35 AM
They're not a bad idea, they do it all the time.

Oh, better graphics doesn't make it the best version though.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5zerogravity399(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 1:22:42 AM
riddlebox89 posted...

Sure they do it all the time, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having new consoles? I mean, if you can buy games like Watch Dogs on older consoles, why bother getting the new updated consoles, if that makes sense?
#6dwilson8504Posted 2/23/2013 2:15:23 AM
ITT: We ignore all the PS4 exclusives and non-cross gen games that were announced/will be out for the PS4.
#7NightwishPosted 2/23/2013 2:41:51 AM
i dont think the difference between current gen and next gen of the same game is really gonna be all that much, not trolling but the kz trailer at the press conference didnt really look ALL that much better than what ps3 is capable of, but i will say watch dogs looks incredible and cannot be done with those graphics on ps3...that being said watch dogs on ps3 isn't gonna be a bad game at all compared to the ps4/nextbox counterpart

All in all i think cross gen games are a GOOD idea from a developer standpoint, why not get your game out to as many users as possible while the current gen is still relevant?
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 2/23/2013 3:15:25 AM
Watch Dogs was not impressive to me either nether was Killzonw

Most I would say would be the DriveClub racing game. Certain parts of it realy seemed photo realistic and not something a PS3 could emulate or what I've seen anyway on the PC for that matter.
That's what I want: stuff that I haven't seen before and no PC does not count. PC rarely impresses me these days anyway.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9riddlebox89Posted 2/23/2013 12:13:21 PM
zerogravity399 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Sure they do it all the time, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having new consoles? I mean, if you can buy games like Watch Dogs on older consoles, why bother getting the new updated consoles, if that makes sense?

You could say the same thing about some early PS3 games, it's sort of like insurance, since it's going to be a PS4 launch title which usually aren't as good as some games that come out along the line, you release it on both systems and you'll at least make a little bit more money from the title than if you were to just release the PS4 version.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/23/2013 12:29:50 PM
Considering the leaps are less far each generation, I agree. Going from PS2 to PS3, there'd be a big enough difference (gameplay and graphics) to warrant interest in the newer platform. With this, it seems like it would be the same actual game with worse graphics.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo