This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who thinks ''We do NOT need a next gen console...yet'' ???

#1Jx1010Posted 2/23/2013 1:15:06 AM
Why not focus instead on:

- Better quality games in something BESIDES GRAPHICS

- Original games instead of more sequels

- Sony making the PS Move available to most games like Borderlands 2 for shooters, Call of Duty, MGRising for hack and slash, etc

- Bringing more PS1 and PS2 games to PSN for PS3

I can just see this next gen console war with the same problems PLUS new problems (first day DLC, repetitive sequels, yearly sequels, focusing only on graphics, etc )
#2Thor61Posted 2/23/2013 1:19:35 AM
I agree on the first 2 points but unfortunately that won't be changing anytime soon.
#3RipGutEBKPosted 2/23/2013 1:19:54 AM
Heres to call of dutys 5-10 and also spin offs of our favorite franchise of all time
#4Ke7hplPosted 2/23/2013 1:20:31 AM
I agree/disagree with your post.

I do enjoy new technology coming out. I see that PS3/Xbox 360 systems are really outdated with hardware.

The sequels thing I agree with. I see a lot of Prequels as well. Next year people will be waiting for Call of Duty: Black Modern Ops Warfare 9. But at the same time, I see them killing off good series.

I would too enjoy some more PS1/PS2 Originals, but I'm fine with the ones they gave us. I've picked up quite a few.

I'm just getting sick of the "Console Wars" and other topics like "I'm mad that I didn't get $10 from Sony"
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#5boofiePosted 2/23/2013 1:21:36 AM
Frankly if they just kept on making SNES games I might never have bought another console.
#6RipGutEBKPosted 2/23/2013 1:23:31 AM
Sony gave me the $10 because i was born on a Friday on a leap year in the middle of winter. My mother was a crack addict and my father left when i was a few days old.
#7SCCAN85Posted 2/23/2013 1:24:00 AM
the games industry in general is taking a hit and while I agree that there doesn't need to be new consoles ( i have enough of a backlog from ps2/gc let alone ps3/wii) the industry needs somewhat of a kick and new consoles will do that.

Ps3 isn't going anywhere for a while, 360 and Wii might be completely finished but PS3 has another good 2-3 years in it.
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#8Ke7hplPosted 2/23/2013 1:24:13 AM
boofie posted...
Frankly if they just kept on making SNES games I might never have bought another console.

Check out this site, You might be happy.

It's a company that still makes SNES games.

http://www.nightmarebusters.com/
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#9nedrithPosted 2/23/2013 1:36:01 AM
Jx1010 posted...
Why not focus instead on:

- Better quality games in something BESIDES GRAPHICS. True, but more power affects more than graphics.

- Original games instead of more sequels. the conference showed off a few more original IPs, and remember some like Drive Club were in the works for over 10(9?) years if I remember right. They were just waiting for a system to be powerful enough to support their ambition. Sequels to some games can be good.

- Sony making the PS Move available to most games like Borderlands 2 for shooters, Call of Duty, MGRising for hack and slash, etc. The PS Move is available to whatever games the developers feel like putting them on. There's nothing stopping Treyarch from using the PS Move for CoD. The biggest downfall IMO of the PS Move is that a lot of people don't have it and very few developers want to take the risk because of that. The PS4 will ship with move functionality and this will make it more supported.

- Bringing more PS1 and PS2 games to PSN for PS3. This can still be done. It's still up to the publisher whether they want to or not. Not to mention some of the more intense PS2 games will be helped by the increase in power of the PS4 making it easier to bring to the PS4 than it would of been to bring it to the PS3.

I can just see this next gen console war with the same problems PLUS new problems (first day DLC, repetitive sequels, yearly sequels, focusing only on graphics, etc )

There will be issues with this release just like any others. However IMO releasing the PS4 has the potential to solve more of your problems than not releasing it. To say the least the more repetitive sequels like CoD aren't going anywhere until gamers say enough is enough and just stop buying them. Same thing with day 1 DLC.
#10Alky88Posted 2/23/2013 1:40:43 AM
Developers need new consoles and I feel PS3 and 360 have stayed in the picture for way too long.
It's time to move on and it has nothing to do with graphics.
Honestly the last thing I care about are the graphics, all the other features of the PS4 are much more interesting to me.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"