This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Social aspects and gaming is the benchmark for the future

#1Bancario51Posted 2/23/2013 2:28:01 AM
PS4 did it. NextBox will do it. And the next Nintendo console after Wii U will do it. Deal with it.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2HellsingOrgPosted 2/23/2013 2:30:04 AM
I kinda hate it.

I don't care if my game console can view photos, listen to music, link to facebook or twitter and upload to youtube and have forums and communities and chats etc...

I just want a powerful console with good games and a friend list to message friends and play games online sometimes.
Movies on consoles is cool too.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#3Devilman_AmonPosted 2/23/2013 2:33:10 AM
I don't care about any of that crap. I just want good games. could care less for those stupid apps or getting movies.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 2:33:28 AM
Why exactly should I just sit back and accept a feature that's becoming intrusive and annoying?
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#5SophisticationPosted 2/23/2013 2:39:00 AM
Where sony is wrong, as always, is instead of trying to attract and convert casual gamers into buying ps4 by offering these services and then turn them into core gamers they opted to convert the core gamer into casual gamer by forcing these garbage options onto everyone and cattering to the cas'.

Pathetic...
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#6KDogg1800Posted 2/23/2013 2:53:48 AM
PS4 did it. NextBox will do it. And the next Nintendo console after Wii U will do it. Deal with it.

I agree! I like the social aspects. My friends and I have always been competitive so this is right up our alley. Nobody is stopping the rest of you lonely hermits from continuing to play your single player games or forcing you to use these features. You claim you don't care about people's trophies, gamer level or what they are playing...how hard is it to continue playing your game without looking to see what others are doing. Disable notifications, disable the social aspects and just shut the hell up and play your games. It's as simple as that.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#7ninja_poopPosted 2/23/2013 2:56:58 AM
KDogg1800 posted...

I agree! I like the social aspects. My friends and I have always been competitive so this is right up our alley. Nobody is stopping the rest of you lonely hermits from continuing to play your single player games or forcing you to use these features. You claim you don't care about people's trophies, gamer level or what they are playing...how hard is it to continue playing your game without looking to see what others are doing. Disable notifications, disable the social aspects and just shut the hell up and play your games. It's as simple as that.

I can't buy the console without these features for less, so I'm paying for something I don't want. Which somewhat makes me want to not buy it at all. I'm not arguing, I'm just saying.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#8AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 2:57:15 AM
"Nobody is stopping the rest of you lonely hermits from continuing to play your single player games or forcing you to use these features."

Yes, they are. Developers can't seem to go 5 minutes without adding these features to games. Pretty damn soon there won't be a game out there that doesn't have them.

It ain't about being a lonely hermit either, I just loathe the idea of having to rely on other people to have fun.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#9HellsingOrgPosted 2/23/2013 2:58:44 AM
KDogg1800 posted...

go play farmville and angry birds and leave real gaming to us.
Please don't let the door smack your booty on your way out ;P
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#10AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 2:59:35 AM
Why in the hell would a social butterfly even want to play video games? Wouldn't you rather be out clubbing?
---