This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Social aspects and gaming is the benchmark for the future

#11SCCAN85Posted 2/23/2013 3:03:04 AM
sounds all to mobile oriented to me. That's the kind of crap mobile games do, share on fb twitter, etc. I'm friend with the social scale of what is currently available on the ps3 save for cross game chat. All the other features sound unnecessary and the share thing I think is going to clutter the internet with even more crap than is already available
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#12KDogg1800Posted 2/23/2013 3:03:45 AM
KDogg1800 posted...
PS4 did it. NextBox will do it. And the next Nintendo console after Wii U will do it. Deal with it.

I agree! I like the social aspects. My friends and I have always been competitive so this is right up our alley. Nobody is stopping the rest of you lonely hermits from continuing to play your single player games or forcing you to use these features. You claim you don't care about people's trophies, gamer level or what they are playing...how hard is it to continue playing your game without looking to see what others are doing. Disable notifications, disable the social aspects and just shut the hell up and play your games. It's as simple as that.

go play farmville and angry birds and leave real gaming to us.
Please don't let the door smack your booty on your way out ;P

Take that real gamer **** elsewhere...I've been gaming since the Atari days. Besides what does Angry Birds and Farmville have to do with the social aspects of the system??? Let me hear this one...
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#13oasisbeyondPosted 2/23/2013 3:05:46 AM
Products that do a lot of things are what is popular now. Phones, Tablets, and soon the next Consoles. It's sorta why pc was so popular, cuz it did it all...

Consoles will eventually replace pc's... Or Tv's will replace pc's. No one in 20 years will have big bulky pc's, kids of the future will laugh at that.
Something will replace Facebook eventually... It does do everything and right now... I'm sure there's "Smart People" working on a site that will do it all.
Imagine a site that has a great place to connect with family and friends like facebook... A place where it has message boards like gamefaqs... A place that everyone goes to upload any video, any movie, tv show, any song... News and weather from your region and around the world. A place you can follow so called famous people like Twitter... A place you can play any game with a click of a button...
It will happen.

Holy crap, I just gave someone 1 billion dollars guaranty.

So that where consoles will go and try to do EVERYTHING"
I just got the 720's new slogan "WE DO IT ALL!"
#14AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 3:10:03 AM
Playstation already tried that.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#15Thor61Posted 2/23/2013 3:11:12 AM
It's just a fad. Nobody will care about any of this junk after the novelty wears off. Ultimately it comes down to the quality of games.
#16EternalDividePosted 2/23/2013 4:37:45 AM
Problem is the time, manpower and money Sony is wasting creating this social bs they're convinced we all want when all those resources could be used to make, I don't know..........games.
#17AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 4:43:09 AM
No no no...you're mistaken. They don't think "We" as in gamers, want this. No, they're trying to tap into a completely different market right now. All they see is dollar signs, and they're looking at Nintendo, Apple, and Facebook with greedy little eyes and trying to tap into the casual market.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#18wolfgard hannusenPosted 2/23/2013 5:29:38 AM
The reason I like Video games is you don't need other people to play them.
I don't want other people ruining my entertainment and will not accept it under any condition.
I will never consider following anyone and don't want to lead anyone that wants to be a follower.

Ads are all over Facebook now.
Rental DVDs now have Ads.
Have not rented a game in years so unaware if they do.
Online games will eventually get them,most certainly if they are "Free" games.
---
World Record Holder Best Score Dynasty Tactics 2,16 Gold 99,999's Vs 10.
#19GazelMinistryPosted 2/23/2013 8:12:20 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I kinda hate it.

I don't care if my game console can view photos, listen to music, link to facebook or twitter and upload to youtube and have forums and communities and chats etc...

I just want a powerful console with good games and a friend list to message friends and play games online sometimes.
Movies on consoles is cool too.

Pretty much this.

Except that I do have a lot of music on my PS3, but that's only because it's convenient.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#20Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/23/2013 8:36:29 AM(edited)
Unless you have a social life to be ashamed of then I don't see the problem. If you're really stubborn about not wanting people to see you personal details then don't fill them in then. Problem solved.

I hope that at least some of the personal details are mandatory. People always complain about terrible communities full of immature/offensive d-bags, as well as glitchers/disconnectors, ect. The majority of the general online filth would be wiped out though, because there's no way that most people would have the balls to do these things if they didn't have anonymity as a shield. I would gladly embrace more ties to our social lives if it cleaned up online gaming and turned it into a more respectful place to be.

---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)