This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really not sure what platform to get Tomb Raider on now!

#1Y2JON2002Posted 2/23/2013 2:41:40 AM
Was all set to pre-order it on Xbox like I do all my multiplatform games, but then I saw the amazing PS4 conference! Stay with me here! Basically, I was so impressed with it that I think I'm going to buy it launch and not a year later like the PS3. I started to wonder if our 'played titles' and trophy data will transfer over to the new one. If they do, shouldn't I now play everything on my PS3 to ensure a good start on PS4? Or should I just stick to getting Tomb Raider on Xbox and starting a fresh when next gen actually gets here?

Thanks for any help!
---
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT
#2Seele_vPosted 2/23/2013 3:11:13 AM
Buy it on PS1.
#3CrysianiaPosted 2/23/2013 3:15:12 AM
PC
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#4steker16Posted 2/23/2013 3:22:17 AM
PC

---
nomnomnom
#5Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 3:44:03 AM
I do have a good PC, an Alienware X51, but I usually prefer these sorts of games on console. I reserve my PC for exclusives and strategy type games as I love just lounging on the sofa in front of my nice TV for titles I'm going to put a lot of hours in.
Love the PSOne comment, still have my original Tomb Raider disc from that gen! Also have the PSOne Classic for PS3 & Vita.
---
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT
#6__starsnostarsPosted 2/23/2013 3:52:09 AM
It will look and run best on the pc, especially if you do have a capable pc.
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#7Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:01:16 AM
__starsnostars posted...
It will look and run best on the pc, especially if you do have a capable pc.

Thanks but please see above. I'm not even considering it as an option, would much prefer to add it to my Xbox or PS3 collection.
---
#8killakPosted 2/23/2013 4:11:14 AM
ensure a good start?

You know there is no reward system in place, right?
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#9DocDeliciousPosted 2/23/2013 4:18:30 AM
You've got a heart of gold, TC. Don't let them take it from you.

At this point we have no idea if trophy levels, etc. will carry over to the PS4. There's a good chance that they will, however, there are quite a few things so far that aren't so I really wouldn't be surprised. Just buy it for whatever platform you're most comfortable with.
---
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Borderlands 2, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#10Y2JON2002(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:26:31 AM
DocDelicious posted...
You've got a heart of gold, TC. Don't let them take it from you.

At this point we have no idea if trophy levels, etc. will carry over to the PS4. There's a good chance that they will, however, there are quite a few things so far that aren't so I really wouldn't be surprised. Just buy it for whatever platform you're most comfortable with.

Thanks! I like to think I add something to the board a bit different from the usual fanboys and trolls :-P
It's the 'what if' that's made me heavily lean towards getting it on PS3! Maybe stuff will carry over, maybe it won't. If it does I'll have a decent trophy level and head start day one! Cheers for helping me decide a bit more definitely, don't let the b******s get you down ;-)
---