This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really not sure what platform to get Tomb Raider on now!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Really not sure what platform to get Tomb Raider on now!

User Info: Y2JON2002

Y2JON2002
4 years ago#1
Was all set to pre-order it on Xbox like I do all my multiplatform games, but then I saw the amazing PS4 conference! Stay with me here! Basically, I was so impressed with it that I think I'm going to buy it launch and not a year later like the PS3. I started to wonder if our 'played titles' and trophy data will transfer over to the new one. If they do, shouldn't I now play everything on my PS3 to ensure a good start on PS4? Or should I just stick to getting Tomb Raider on Xbox and starting a fresh when next gen actually gets here?

Thanks for any help!
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT

User Info: Seele_v

Seele_v
4 years ago#2
Buy it on PS1.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 years ago#3
PC
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul

User Info: steker16

steker16
4 years ago#4
PC
nomnomnom

Y2JON2002
4 years ago#5
I do have a good PC, an Alienware X51, but I usually prefer these sorts of games on console. I reserve my PC for exclusives and strategy type games as I love just lounging on the sofa in front of my nice TV for titles I'm going to put a lot of hours in.
Love the PSOne comment, still have my original Tomb Raider disc from that gen! Also have the PSOne Classic for PS3 & Vita.
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
4 years ago#6
It will look and run best on the pc, especially if you do have a capable pc.
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden

Y2JON2002
4 years ago#7
__starsnostars posted...
It will look and run best on the pc, especially if you do have a capable pc.

Thanks but please see above. I'm not even considering it as an option, would much prefer to add it to my Xbox or PS3 collection.

User Info: killak

killak
4 years ago#8
ensure a good start?

You know there is no reward system in place, right?
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo

User Info: DocDelicious

DocDelicious
4 years ago#9
You've got a heart of gold, TC. Don't let them take it from you.

At this point we have no idea if trophy levels, etc. will carry over to the PS4. There's a good chance that they will, however, there are quite a few things so far that aren't so I really wouldn't be surprised. Just buy it for whatever platform you're most comfortable with.
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Borderlands 2, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious

Y2JON2002
4 years ago#10
DocDelicious posted...
You've got a heart of gold, TC. Don't let them take it from you.

At this point we have no idea if trophy levels, etc. will carry over to the PS4. There's a good chance that they will, however, there are quite a few things so far that aren't so I really wouldn't be surprised. Just buy it for whatever platform you're most comfortable with.

Thanks! I like to think I add something to the board a bit different from the usual fanboys and trolls :-P
It's the 'what if' that's made me heavily lean towards getting it on PS3! Maybe stuff will carry over, maybe it won't. If it does I'll have a decent trophy level and head start day one! Cheers for helping me decide a bit more definitely, don't let the b******s get you down ;-)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Really not sure what platform to get Tomb Raider on now!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived