This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you have RGB full or Limited setup?

#1vr6exyvr6exyPosted 2/23/2013 4:33:48 AM
topic
#2killakPosted 2/23/2013 4:34:53 AM
full
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#3izza20Posted 2/23/2013 8:11:24 AM
Limited. Correctly setup they are supposed to produce the exact same image, so unless your display doesn't support limited, there's no reason whatsoever to use full. It's really just for pc monitors.
#4killakPosted 2/23/2013 8:57:10 AM
It's really just for pc monitors.

And good TVs.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#5AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 9:02:28 AM(edited)
I honestly have no idea, I let my TV and System set itself up automatically.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#6archizzyPosted 2/23/2013 9:20:12 AM(edited)
Since I see no purpose what so ever in having separate settings and constantly having to switch settings I use video (limited) on my tv.

PC (full) gains you nothing at all if you understand how calibration and the proper settings work.

A video setting passing BTB and WTW material still has the same access to the full 0 to 255 scale. You don't gain any "extra color" The PS3 simply remaps the absolute 0 values.

*Most* people who use full on a tv will end up with their colors being off, black crush, so on and so on. Even peoples tvs who support PC levels. This is because most people don't understand it.

So if the use their tv for movies and happen to throw in a blu-ray on their PS3 (The PS3 completely ignores the RGB setting for movies as they are natively YCC) they will end up with a tv expecting PC levels and receiving video levels, not to mention their settings on the PS3 will not be in the correct setting to allow the passing of BTB and WTW so they risk clipped signals.

If they aware of what is going on, and have a completely different set of settings that they switch to every time they watch tv programming or movies sure they can avoid it. But again at the end of the day they gain nothing.

Unless their tv just has a particular hard time dialing in with limited (I doubt it, but hey its possible)

A tv expecting video levels and receiving video levels will be the same as a tv expecting PC levels and receiving PC levels.

The only difference is tv users who calibrate their tv for PC levels, must also have a completely different set of settings for tv and movies and always switch between them otherwise they risk completely inaccurate settings mixing and matching.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton