This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wrpgs are for serious stories/depth and modern Jrpgs for lightheartedness?

#1Bayonetta_Posted 2/23/2013 10:35:40 AM
At this point I think we ALL can agree that neither is bad. Wrpgs focus on solid storylines and realistic character interactions while Jrpgs have very fake character interactions/personalities and light story lines.

Do you agree or disagree with this? I think we need to accept the facts about modern Japanese gaming. Most of it is for the Otaku or like-minded people which isn't a bad thing. Can tell you guys right now that games similar to Hyperdimension Neptunia or Atelier Meruru will be on the PS4 so just accept it.

Moe has won in Japan.
#2AlltraPosted 2/23/2013 10:38:02 AM
I'm not even gonna bother, I don't give a {Bleep} anymore.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#3Bayonetta_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:39:37 AM
Alltra posted...
I'm not even gonna bother, I don't give a {Bleep} anymore.

That's the point. Just accept Japan's Moe Anime craze.
#4LodeiroSnakePosted 2/23/2013 10:40:41 AM
Here we go again.....
---
"Doesn't matter. I hate Nintendo so only people who hate Nintendo are right. Nintendo could buy all the food in the world. I'd rather **** starve!"
#5PHEEliNUXPosted 2/23/2013 10:41:10 AM
LodeiroSnake posted...
Here we go again.....

I don't get why people can't ignore topics like these
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#6CyricsServantPosted 2/23/2013 10:41:23 AM
Bayonetta_ posted...
Can tell you guys right now that games similar to Hyperdimension Neptunia or Atelier Meruru will be on the PS4 so just accept it.

Okay, I accept games like that will be on the PS4. However, I enjoy Japanese RPGs like Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's/Dark Souls, Tales of, Xenoblade, and Persona/SMT, which are also still getting made . . . so your point is . . . ?
#7namethatno1usesPosted 2/23/2013 10:44:55 AM
I just replayed the first hour of Xenogears and it had (some) blood and suffering in it.

I can't remember another console style jRPG with blood in it before. I was shocked, and amazed. A few scenes in the Suikoden series also have amazing amounts of maturity.

Where are jRPGs like that today? Even though I like Ni no kuni, I have to admit it's not aimed for an older audience.
Oh wait, I just remembered Parasite Eve 1. Ugh! Come on devs, give us some great jRPGs like those again.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 2/23/2013 10:57:54 AM(edited)
namethatno1uses posted...
I just replayed the first hour of Xenogears and it had (some) blood and suffering in it.

I can't remember another console style jRPG with blood in it before. I was shocked, and amazed. A few scenes in the Suikoden series also have amazing amounts of maturity.

Where are jRPGs like that today? Even though I like Ni no kuni, I have to admit it's not aimed for an older audience.
Oh wait, I just remembered Parasite Eve 1. Ugh! Come on devs, give us some great jRPGs like those again.

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Yakuza seres
Lost Odyssey (360)
Last Remnant (PS/360)
Dragon's Crown (soon)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Valkyria Chronicles
NieR
FF Type Zero (PSP) ugh....S-E cmon...
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
The Last Story (Wii)
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
Fragile Dreams (Wii)
Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
Valhalla Knights 1,2,3, Eldar Saga

Then you got:

Wizardry (PSN)\
Demons Souls
Dark Souls
FF XIV (ugh MMO)
Wizardry Online (PC MMO)
Dragon's Dogma
Deep Down (PS4)
Agnis Philosophy (PS4)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9Bayonetta_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:51:48 AM
namethatno1uses posted...

Most modern Japanese anime/games isn't for us old-school people. As much as I'd love to see a new Xenogears/Parasite Eve I just can't see it happening. PS4 will have more MOE and lighthearted Jrpgs that we're seeing now.
#10InnerscopePosted 2/23/2013 10:54:16 AM
It's only a matter of time before we have the weeaboos and 'muricans trashing this topic.

I'll be waiting.
---
Crappiest quote of the year:
"you must be tired kupo.. you need a trollcation..." -VanilleHopen