This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like the Crysis series is criminally under rated. Do you agree?

#1all_that_juicePosted 2/23/2013 12:07:12 PM
Is the Crysis series under rated? - Results (42 votes)
Yes, it doesn't get the respect it deserves.
11.9% (5 votes)
No, it's an ok series and gets just enough love.
42.86% (18 votes)
No, it's mediocre, and deserves the hate/lack of attention.
45.24% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've played the fist two, and am currently playing through 3 right now, and honestly, this is one of the best series in gaming imo. Disregarding the haters that naturally come out of the woodwork for bigger releases(as seen for C3), every game seems to only get some love from a minority of people. Or some like 1 but hate 2 and 3. Or think 1 was ok and 2 was great and 3 sold out, etc.

Every game in the series is solid all around, and each sequel makes just the right improvements. They look amazing, have some of the best audio out there, and have original, fun gameplay with smooth controls, great atmosphere, a good variety of enemies and a decent story. I feel like the series should be up there with the bioshocks of the world, instead, most just see it as a second rate game in a saturated genre.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#2piazzapimper313Posted 2/23/2013 12:14:23 PM
Personally, as a HUGE fps fan, im not a fan of crysis.. well atleast not 2 and 3.

I loved the jungle setting of the first one, and the beach setting, it was pretty, the game was a huge sandbox, the guns felt good and the suit felt right.

2 and 3 feel like a dumbed down console game, im a console gamer, but i really can say consoles have ruined crysis.

Besides visuals, i dont think crysis has anything going for it.. but thats just me :)
#3jrr18Posted 2/23/2013 12:20:35 PM
The first one was one of the best FPS games this gen the second 2 well letís just say they were generic and mediocre.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4all_that_juice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:47:39 PM
piazzapimper313 posted...
2 and 3 feel like a dumbed down console game, im a console gamer, but i really can say consoles have ruined crysis.

I see what ur saying. Seems like most of the ppl who hate on Crysis are saying the same thing. Still doesn't seem fair to me though. I mean, no console game can compare to the best of PC games really. I feel like Crysis because of its PC roots has this huge baggage to carry around with it that other PS3 games don't have to worry about that sort of adds to the stigma against it. IMO console games should just be compared to other console games. If you compare then to PC then it will just be a losing battle every time, so whats the point?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#5LugovesPosted 2/23/2013 12:48:47 PM
Tech demo.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#6JohnHitman47Posted 2/23/2013 12:50:13 PM
No, it's an ok series and gets just enough love.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#7TehPwnzererPosted 2/23/2013 12:53:40 PM
The first one was great for what it tried to be, an over-glorified tech demo. Then it tried to turn it into something special which failed. It's a terribly poor FPS with zero story or drive to get me from A to B that looks really pretty. Crysis was never a good series, not even the first one which was the best. It's a very average FPS with way above average visuals.
#8XechsPosted 2/23/2013 1:01:48 PM
Crysis one was great because of the openness and all the crazy stuff you could do with the powers your given, sure it's linear progression but they let you tackle it the way you want. 2 & 3 were just like other corridor shooting it's too much the same as everything else and there are a lot better corridor or story driven shooters out there. The thing that made it unique is now gone or severely down scaled. Crysis is not known for iconic characters or story, it was known as the Awesome looking PC game, so without the uniqueness it just another game in the mass amounts of action and especially shooting games. Plus crysis 3 was very short giving they spent more time on graphics then substance, it's not as replayable (imo) as other games so it gets buried under other games. Hell part 2 was more enjoyable even with being less open then 3.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier