This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[POLL] How do you handle your gaming frustrations?

#1DfxPosted 2/23/2013 11:37:16 AM
Game got you frustrated? How do you behave? - Results (233 votes)
I've thrown controllers.
8.58% (20 votes)
I've broken controllers (bare hands or with a hammer?, details plz ;).
5.58% (13 votes)
I've broken consoles.
2.15% (5 votes)
I've broken/thrown other things. (post what it was)
2.58% (6 votes)
I get up and storm off.
6.44% (15 votes)
I might just stand up and muscle through it.
5.58% (13 votes)
I just lean forward or sit on the edge of the seat.
14.59% (34 votes)
I just take a deep breath and keep trying.
19.31% (45 votes)
I might get a little frustrated but nothing serious.
27.04% (63 votes)
I'm cool as a cucumber.
8.15% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've played a lot of video games, and I've watched a lot of people play video games. It's interesting to see how people deal with their frustrations..

Personally, I might sit on the edge of my seat but more often than not I find myself laughing at a situation and shaking my head and trying again.

A previous roommate would change his seating position. Then he'd sit on the edge of the seat. Then he'd lean forward.. Then he'd stand on one leg but sort of kneel on the chair.. Then he'd stand completely. Then he'd stand directly in front of the TV. Then he'd lean forward.. Through this whole evolution he'd swear a lot.. Then he'd eventually just give me the controller and leave the room.

I've also known contoller-throwers.. Boggles my mind but hey if it helps, and it's your controller, go for it..

... What do you do? (Be honest, Hulk).
#2LugovesPosted 2/23/2013 11:38:17 AM
In the past I have thrown a controller and hit the console itself with really frustrating games.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#3Dfx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:13:05 PM
Did you break it? If I were a thrower I'd have to keep tennis balls around or something around that wouldn't hurt anything =\
#4LugovesPosted 2/23/2013 12:14:54 PM
Dfx posted...
Did you break it? If I were a thrower I'd have to keep tennis balls around or something around that wouldn't hurt anything =\

Nah, was years ago on like SNES or PS1 where the controllers were wired so you couldn't toss them very far. :D

The one I mainly smacked around was my old NES when the games wouldn't work and blowing in the cartridges didn't fix them. :O
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#5Juvart24Posted 2/23/2013 12:17:06 PM
Lugoves posted...
Dfx posted...

Nah, was years ago on like SNES or PS1 where the controllers were wired so you couldn't toss them very far. :D

The one I mainly smacked around was my old NES when the games wouldn't work and blowing in the cartridges didn't fix them. :O

Ah the nes I remember creating a little dance, tap it on my head, and then blow to get them to work.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#6huyiPosted 2/23/2013 12:34:53 PM(edited)
during the ps3s lifespan i must have wasted 10 plus controller due to gamer frustration, i've also kicked a door in and a cupboard too, so yeah that is a lot of money wasted over the years thanks to hard frustrating games.

i also remember throwing a ps2 controller at a wall when i was playing monster hunter online out of rage, that was a tense moment for me too.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#7huyiPosted 2/23/2013 12:36:58 PM
Lugoves posted...

nes controller were tough as nails, you could stamp on them and they still wouldn't break, i couldn't say the same for current gen controllers, gamecube controllers can take a beating too, nintendo always have made solid pads.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#8MyaulPosted 2/23/2013 12:50:28 PM
I threw a controller once, It felt so bad =(
#9okamhunitePosted 2/23/2013 1:01:22 PM
Punch the floor.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#10huyiPosted 2/23/2013 1:04:42 PM
okamhunite posted...
Punch the floor.

that hurts after a while, i prefer to punch a cushion.
---
UK Female Gamer