This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[POLL] How do you handle your gaming frustrations?

#41BlinkWinkelPosted 2/24/2013 8:06:07 AM(edited)
I twisted/bent my controller out of anger and it broke in half. This happened after the game froze the 5th time in a row in Star Ocean 4's Wandering Dungeon, on 16th floor...

Twisting the controller with my hands is usually my habit when I get really mad. Normally it doesn't break, but when I get really mad and the adrenaline kicks in... it can happen, lol. Game freezes and power outages in what makes me mad the most. Since when I die in a game It's usually because of my weakness so I can simply grind and get stronger, but if it's the game that freezes... it's not my fault, and that's what usually makes me really mad.

---
PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/BlinkWinkel
R.I.P. Atelier series: http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/418/5561/original.jpg
#42blackwaltz3Posted 2/24/2013 9:33:22 AM
turn off the game and come back to it later
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#43_MoonlightPosted 2/24/2013 9:39:22 AM
"I just take a deep breath and keep trying."

I picked that, but what I really do is cuss a whole lot and then do that. I like to go running, so that helps sometimes and is healthy too.

Do something else is also a nice go-to
---
I mean even if you could connect those dots, which I don't think you can, what kind of picture would you really draw?
#44Vergil92Posted 2/24/2013 9:44:59 AM
Other: Complain to myself.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#45DuneManPosted 2/24/2013 9:47:44 AM
You forgot the politician-approved option of 'Commit uncontrolled violence, attempting to injure as many people as possible'.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#46elusivePosted 2/24/2013 9:50:09 AM
I just take a deep breath of mary jane and keep trying.

How most older gamers in california handle gaming frustration.
---
Feel'n splendiful... "This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me." DA F************* ???
#47i like rpgzPosted 2/24/2013 10:01:29 AM
I usually just slam my controller around and punch the walls, doors, desk, etc. I've punched through many walls, doors, and and broken my desk several times.

When I get really mad, I'll punch myself in the stomach or the face. Or I'll go find my girlfriend and push her around and be really mean to her.
---
PSN: turkey_nuggets
#48Dfx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:37:36 AM
PoetSaskia posted...
I broke my HDTV once by throwing my controller at it. I know its stupid but until then I had no idea how fragile they were. I was used to playing on CRTs which can take a really good punch. It was Wipepout HD that made me do it. I was so addicted to it that after I broke the TV I just hooked it up to another TVand kept playing.

That's funny. I remember grabbing an old TV and yelling at it back in the day. They could take a punch too.. I wouldn't dare do that to my LCDs now.
#49SieKensouPosted 2/26/2013 10:39:27 AM
... i don't get frustrated?.... yeah >.>
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#50jrr18Posted 2/26/2013 10:42:46 AM
Well this one boss in FF10 kept killing me over and over so I grinded 20 levels and curb stomped his face.(it was the dragon on the air ship so no aeon overdrive spam)
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101