This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online gaming is getting repetitive.

#11pixel378Posted 2/23/2013 9:09:24 PM
I am waiting for MGO on Ground zeroes for my online gaming fix. Nothing like it.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#12Red_JesterPosted 2/23/2013 9:14:53 PM
That's because 90% of online games are either a homogenized mess, trying to simply follow the big sellers and the rest are just half-assed multi-player modes thrown on top of a game for a bullet point on the back of a box.

Also, consoles are pretty archaic when it comes to playing games that are online. That's why they're so simplistic, limited and basic compared to online PC games prior to this console generation taking over PC genres.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#13GunzleaderPosted 2/23/2013 9:23:01 PM
lol @ mgo. death looping lag switching little kid filled pos.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#14Ikilluha1Posted 2/23/2013 11:49:25 PM
Gunzleader posted...
lol @ mgo. death looping lag switching little kid filled pos.

Didn't experience that in MGOs last 2 years.
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#15agrissaPosted 2/23/2013 11:50:04 PM
When have online gaming NOT been repetitive?
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#16nedrithPosted 2/23/2013 11:53:21 PM
I would probably say Dungeon Defenders, first person tower defense RPG was just great. Pick up the PC version though if you play it. The devs hate the consoles(more MS/Sony's rules for patching than anything) and the PS3/360 version has like half as much stuff as the PC version.
#17Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/24/2013 1:33:16 AM
My favorite online modes this gen

Metal Gear Online - Team Sneaking

GTA IV - Cops and Crooks mode (Still active and fun definitely recommend it)

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls - Forest Covenant +9

Castlevania Harmony of Despair (great little 2-d online co-op game)

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 (PC preferably still fun and active)

Lost Planet 2 (you asked for different not sure how active still but the online 4-player co-op is a lot of fun and interesting with the tons of options and weapon load outs)

White Knight Chronicles II - you asked for something different and it's co-op RPG
#18marsh90Posted 2/24/2013 2:05:53 AM
Nanomachines, son.
#19knuxnolePosted 2/24/2013 2:56:50 AM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
My favorite online modes this gen

Metal Gear Online - Team Sneaking

GTA IV - Cops and Crooks mode (Still active and fun definitely recommend it)

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls - Forest Covenant +9

Castlevania Harmony of Despair (great little 2-d online co-op game)

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 (PC preferably still fun and active)

Lost Planet 2 (you asked for different not sure how active still but the online 4-player co-op is a lot of fun and interesting with the tons of options and weapon load outs)

White Knight Chronicles II - you asked for something different and it's co-op RPG

I played L4D2 on the PC with Steam, but it seemed dead :/
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#20_tanjil_Posted 2/24/2013 3:09:12 AM
AngelSkulz posted...
Is it me or online is just the same o (yea)

The only unique online game I've played was Phantom Dust on the Xbox version and the Demon Soul series. List me some games that has a unique online gaming because that is all I know.

Femon Souls online was interesting but didn't you sometimes wish you could invade friends of choice and just play with whoever you want. Like good o' generic multiplayer