This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people generally want to have more space on their ps3 HDD?

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/23/2013 3:43:36 PM
I can't help but notice that most people (well, I don't know if it's most people, if not then at the very least some people) tend to to upgrade their ps3 HDD just to have more room. Generally, why is it that people tend to wanna upgrade the ps3 HDD just to have bigger room? I admit that a number of games seem to take up a lot of room, but wouldn't it be kind of cheaper just to redownload things? I mean whatever you bought, whether its dlc, a game from the psn, or a game that requires a lot of game data, you can always just delete them and if you wanna play get them again just redownload them.

I know I have a 60 GB ps3 (when the system was first released) and I'll admit I was thinking about more space. But after a while I made the decision to leave my ps3 the way it is, so I generally don't mind the 60 GB. Besides, since I bought a bunch of stuff, like games, games from the psn like the psone classics, and dlc, even if I delete them all I can do is just redownload them. All right, granted I gotta have to wait a while to redownload stuff, but still. So I sort of don't get why having more space on the ps3 HDD is necessary to most people, especially if you can just redownload stuff anytime you want.
#2steker16Posted 2/23/2013 3:45:07 PM
digital purchases on the PSN
---
nomnomnom
#3Neonwarrior1243Posted 2/23/2013 3:48:18 PM
I think it's because if you have a lot of digital games you can keep them all downloaded thus in the future if PSN is no longer available you still have your games.
#4Nograd789Posted 2/23/2013 3:49:30 PM
With me, I download shows/anime/movie then put them on PS3 for easy watching, this can take up TONS of space though, and can limit space for games.
---
Not changing my sig until Trent Barreta wins any title in WWE or is released (Started 25/06/2011)
One Among The Fence
#5EoinPosted 2/23/2013 3:52:36 PM(edited)
Redownloading is a pain. Not only that, but the games that will save you the most space are (by default) the games that take longest to redownload.

When I want to play a game, I don't want to wait minutes to play it and I certainly don't want to wait hours. Even a small game, about a gigabyte or so, is going to take minutes to redownload.

Spending a little bit of money is totally worth it to avoid that nonsense.
#6cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 3:59:32 PM
People hate to redownload things even though they can do it anytime? Can't people show a lot of patient and wait when redownloading things?
#7crazyman32Posted 2/23/2013 4:06:38 PM(edited)
I love having the extra space and not worrying about having to delete a game to make space.I upload movies/tv shows and music on my hard drive as well.The game install data and dlc can take up quite a bit of space as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#8YoshiMan123Posted 2/23/2013 4:04:23 PM
I had a 40GB, and that was terrible for digital games and updates that quickly filled it up. I have quite a few digital games, and redownloading over 10GBs is not exactly a quick solution. I also don't just play one game at a time, and having all the DLC and most games and their updates can take up quite a bit of space.
---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123; GT: Vizxyn
#9Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/23/2013 4:08:10 PM
I have a 750Gb and have used up 2 thirds of that.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#10EoinPosted 2/23/2013 4:09:58 PM
cheatermaster posted...
People hate to redownload things even though they can do it anytime?

People hate pointless and silly levels of memory management. If you want to download a 5GB game you have to delete ~10GB of stuff (that you also by definition want) because you need double the space to download and install, and that's silly. Then you have to wait for however long it takes to download - with PSN that could easily be over an hour.

cheatermaster posted...
Can't people show a lot of patient and wait when redownloading things?

Don't be so ignorant please. Avoiding irritating memory management and avoiding wrestling with the PS3's utterly terrible download list and avoiding waiting for hours for a game to redownload isn't "impatient". It's "having a better experience", and you'd know that if you bothered upgrading.