This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are video games about online gaming these days?

#1cheatermasterPosted 2/23/2013 4:37:07 PM
I can't help but notice how many games and some game consoles seem to have multiplayer. Hell, even a few handheld consoles like the DS and the PSP and such have games with online. Is it me or are all video games going to be about online these days? Not that I don't mind, but I just can't help but see how so many video games these days are getting multiplayer and players can play with other players online like the Call of Duty games and such.
#2AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/23/2013 4:40:19 PM
Most of them, yes. I hate that to be honest, I'm not really interested in multiplayer, in any game.
#3HolyMcmolyPosted 2/23/2013 4:41:55 PM
Yeah, that's what this gen's all about; online gaming. It's not a problem though, like most of the JRPG-loving loners on here would have you believe, because it's usually optional in games.
#4godwavePosted 2/23/2013 4:47:34 PM
I hate when the DLC is focused primarily toward multiplayer in a few games.
#5nouseravailablePosted 2/23/2013 4:51:30 PM(edited)
Yeah, its one of the trends. THat isnt a bad thing as long as there is diversity. It only become problematic when it kills the single player experience...
The only thing im worried is that "online feature" they said they were going to make for Zelda, it seems that the next game will greatly focus on multiplayer... that is the kind of game id like to play alone and only alone.
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#6Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/23/2013 4:54:57 PM
It's nice to see Sony still cares about single player with games like Beyond Two Souls, The Last Guardian, Killzone Shadowfall, Last of Us, God of War. Multiplayer is in some of those games but they still put a lot of effort into the single player.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!