This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so if I understand this correctly all the psn games I bought are useless for PS4

#31Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 2/23/2013 8:14:34 PM
No trading in your PS3 for store credit brah! Not if you wanna play your old PSN games!
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#32Rapham0nPosted 2/23/2013 8:21:10 PM
@TC:
I don't understand. Where exactly did you see/hear/read about the PSN going to be shut down? Can you provide a link? This really does not sound legit to me. Why would SONY shut it down? Even if the PS4 uses a different online service why would they shut down the one for the PS3? It really makes no sense. Please provide a link to where you saw this. And please don't site rumors. Give us actual evidence.

I can believe that PS3 games won't work on PS4. The reason I can believe that is because with PS4 SONY decided to abandon the Cell Broadband Engine CPU idea (since almost all game developers complained about how difficult it is to design games for the CPU with the PS3) and decided to go back to a more conventional CPU for the PS4. So I can understand PS3 games not working on PS4. But PSN being shut down? That just sounds ridiculous to me.

@Everyone else:
Reasons why I prefer physical media over digital:

-Not everyone has access to cheap and fast Internet. In some parts of the world high speed Internet is very expensive. Especially if you want uncapped. Some parts of the world are still struggling with 2Mbps ADSL Internet with a 10GB monthly data cap. And even just that is expensive.

-If I purchase the digital copy of a game and it turns out I don't like the game then I'm screwed. All that money wasted. If I purchase the physical copy of a game and don't like the game then I can always sell the game and get some of my money back. And even if I do like the game I can still decide to sell it if I have the physical disc and still make some cash back on it. Some people don't like to hoard games. So even when they like a game they sell it after having finished it. The money they make goes towards their next game. For a lot of people this is the only way to get money to afford new games. You can't do that with digital media. :\

-Believe it or not but discs tend to outlast consoles/hard drives. If anything happens to my console/hard drive and I have to get a replacement then it costs me all that Internet bandwidth and time to download the game again.

-If I'm a serious video game addict and I buy tons of games per year then that means I'm going to constantly have to upgrade to a bigger hard drive if I go with digital media. In some parts of the world these hard drives cost an arm and a leg. :\

In a perfect world digital media would be king. Unfortunately the world is not perfect. There are just too many obstacles in a lot of parts of the world that make digital only media a bad idea.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#33angry_cowtipperPosted 2/23/2013 8:34:16 PM
Considering the PSN store is still operational from my PSP, I think everyone here will have access to their digital content for as long as they care about it.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#34Godly_GoofPosted 2/23/2013 8:37:26 PM
angry_cowtipper posted...
Considering the PSN store is still operational from my PSP, I think everyone here will have access to their digital content for as long as they care about it.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. But I suppose that depends on the person. It's 20 years later and I still go back and play NES games. Wouldn't trust digital media to last that long.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#35vu_cometPosted 2/23/2013 8:39:23 PM
So basically everyone is just speculating on how the PS4 is going to work concerning digital downloads, and everyone is ignorant. That pretty much sums up this topic, for those of you that skipped ahead without reading.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#36Thor61Posted 2/23/2013 8:40:41 PM
Why doesn't my dvd player play my vhs tapes. this is bullcrap man
#37CloneTheHeroPosted 2/23/2013 8:45:54 PM
Sooooo.. will I be able to re-download my purchased PSN games (Games like Journey) onto my PS4?
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Lost Planet 2, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#38vu_cometPosted 2/23/2013 8:49:27 PM
CloneTheHero posted...
Sooooo.. will I be able to re-download my purchased PSN games (Games like Journey) onto my PS4?

The Wii U has the ability to transfer data from a previously owned Wii. Why wouldn't Sony think of adding the same feature. I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it really is...
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#39yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:51:34 PM(edited)
only an issue if you dont already haven them installed

You want me to keep all 30 PSN games on my console installed never removed?

Rapham0n posted...
@TC:
I don't understand. Where exactly did you see/hear/read about the PSN going to be shut down? Can you provide a link? This really does not sound legit to me. Why would SONY shut it down? Even if the PS4 uses a different online service why would they shut down the one for the PS3? It really makes no sense. Please provide a link to where you saw this. And please don't site rumors. Give us actual evidence.

I can believe that PS3 games won't work on PS4. The reason I can believe that is because with PS4 SONY decided to abandon the Cell Broadband Engine CPU idea (since almost all game developers complained about how difficult it is to design games for the CPU with the PS3) and decided to go back to a more conventional CPU for the PS4. So I can understand PS3 games not working on PS4. But PSN being shut down? That just sounds ridiculous to me.

Do you see the PS2 online still working today?

And no it's possible, the PSN games don't use the Cell Broadband Engine CPU, they emulate the game to work onthe PS3, same with the PS1 and PS2 games, which I bought alot of on my PS3, now their all a waste of money, if I had the DVD for my PS2 games I could still pop them back on my PS2, only reason i bought them again(I am stupid I know) is to enjoy them in my new console thinking they wont be stupid enough to let me wast my money on them for the next console, again I am stupid I admit it

Why doesn't my dvd player play my vhs tapes. this is bullcrap man

You mean why doesn't My blue ray play CD anymore? it does
---
PSN:yahyano1
#40NightDrifter05Posted 2/23/2013 8:57:33 PM
Yes, PSN title's are useless on PS4. But why does it matter? You already own a PS3 so unless you plan to get rid of it you still have full access to your ENTIRE PSN library. I must be different from the rest of the world because when I buy a new console, I don't buy it to play old out dated game's on it.