This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN: Sony sees a disc-based future for thier console(s).

#1AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/23/2013 8:52:03 PM
Thank God.
www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/23/ps4-sony-sees-a-disc-based-future
#2AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 9:07:22 PM
Bump.
More people need to know about this imo.
#3rpglover13Posted 2/23/2013 9:12:21 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the link too, I missed the conference video footage and had been trying to find a good source with ALL the info in one place.
#4AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 9:18:08 PM
rpglover13 posted...
Sweet! Thanks for the link too, I missed the conference video footage and had been trying to find a good source with ALL the info in one place.

You're welcome. Sony also confirmed PS4 will play used games just fine btw, rumors were wrong.
#5PStrifePosted 2/23/2013 9:27:23 PM
No, they confirmed that their is a catch to playing used games. Tip-toeing around the issue.

I await that to be clarified by E3, or they will act like classic douchebags again. Like that one time with the Vita, with the unanounced manual removal and online pass crap bonuses at launch. All momentum lost that day.

Or even the PS3, which recently followed the unannounced format changes recently with things like online passes and manual removals lately.

Sony consumers deserve to be treated like they no longer matter from all recent indications actually, with all these sudden changes that were never asked for happening around them.

I get the exact opposite vibe of care from Sony tc. A company that cares for consumer feedback does not suddenly make unannounced changes on product standards in the first place. Unannounced changes is the scummy way of doing business.
#6Godly_GoofPosted 2/23/2013 9:40:00 PM
PStrife posted...
No, they confirmed that their is a catch to playing used games. Tip-toeing around the issue.

I await that to be clarified by E3, or they will act like classic douchebags again. Like that one time with the Vita, with the unanounced manual removal and online pass crap bonuses at launch. All momentum lost that day.

Or even the PS3, which recently followed the unannounced format changes recently with things like online passes and manual removals lately.

Sony consumers deserve to be treated like they no longer matter from all recent indications actually, with all these sudden changes that were never asked for happening around them.

I get the exact opposite vibe of care from Sony tc. A company that cares for consumer feedback does not suddenly make unannounced changes on product standards in the first place. Unannounced changes is the scummy way of doing business.

Online passes only work because they allow use of the online services provided by another company or service. They won't be able to with used games. I mean they can try but I doubt it will work out for them.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#7boofiePosted 2/24/2013 4:00:33 PM
Surprise.
#8TheSpaniard88Posted 2/24/2013 5:23:59 PM
Good.
---
Laugh, and grow fat.
#9Jinzo 111887Posted 2/24/2013 7:45:46 PM(edited)
Online passes only work because they allow use of the online services provided by another company or service. They won't be able to with used games. I mean they can try but I doubt it will work out for them.
I doubt they will be able to block used games. In Europe, they ruled used digital titles legal. http://www.gamespot.com/news/german-group-sues-valve-6403307 A watch company also lost a lawsuit for trying to use copyright as a way to stop used sales. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111117/03284416803/court-tells-omega-copyright-is-not-sword-rejects-attempt-to-control-grey-market-as-copyright-misuse.shtml Kind of wish online passes were illegal. Maybe they will be with the way the courts are ruling against anti-used measures.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyyTHwjNds
He is so cute and very brute, he wears no suit and loves pursuit.