This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So many people are hating on FF7 it's ridiculous...

#31Wario_manPosted 2/24/2013 8:53:25 AM
It was the last good decent Final Fantasy game and was actually not that bad so I can see why people still think fondly of it.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#32TGAkumaPosted 2/24/2013 8:54:16 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
I loved it until the endgame where I didn't know what was going on anymore. We just started fighting Sephiroth in random ass arenas, and how did the characters escape Sephy's thing where he had everyone writhing in pain? Why did Clouds consciousness fly out of him to omnislash Sephy? Why does the ending fast forward before the climax is resolved, only to see Midgar abandoned?

The very last fight with Cloud and Sephiroth was taking place in Clouds mind. Sephiroth can take over jenova cells and Sephiroth took over the last remaining jenova cells in Clouds mind. Atleast thats what I understood of it.

Meteor was going to pretty much destroy the entire planet. They fast foward 500 years and show Midgar in ruins to show you that they survived meteor.
#33Godly_GoofPosted 2/24/2013 9:06:50 AM
TGAkuma posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
I loved it until the endgame where I didn't know what was going on anymore. We just started fighting Sephiroth in random ass arenas, and how did the characters escape Sephy's thing where he had everyone writhing in pain? Why did Clouds consciousness fly out of him to omnislash Sephy? Why does the ending fast forward before the climax is resolved, only to see Midgar abandoned?

The very last fight with Cloud and Sephiroth was taking place in Clouds mind. Sephiroth can take over jenova cells and Sephiroth took over the last remaining jenova cells in Clouds mind. Atleast thats what I understood of it.

Meteor was going to pretty much destroy the entire planet. They fast foward 500 years and show Midgar in ruins to show you that they survived meteor.

Because the last cinematic with it didn't make that abundantly obvious or anything /sarcasm

And wtf was up with Reds kids at the end? Not only is he the last of his species but he's also male :/ or is it just more beastiality like Hojo always wanted?
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#34TGAkumaPosted 2/24/2013 9:33:17 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
TGAkuma posted...
Godstriker8 posted...

Because the last cinematic with it didn't make that abundantly obvious or anything /sarcasm

And wtf was up with Reds kids at the end? Not only is he the last of his species but he's also male :/ or is it just more beastiality like Hojo always wanted?

Well Im glad they did the ending the way they did. Made it feel more epic than if it showed what happened and the characters are all like "Hey guys what should we do now that we saved the world?" "I dunno." Lol.

About Red XIII. I do not know about that lol. That part never made sense to me. Its best just to not over think that part.
#35DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/24/2013 9:35:27 AM
The game doesn't especially appeal to me, and I liked Final Fantasy 4 and 6 more.

Too hipster for you.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#36LeadPipeCinchePosted 2/24/2013 9:40:08 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Saying it's not that great isn't hating on it.

You right......It's flat out lying.

while its good its NOT THE BEST FF GAME.
hell FF7 isnt even the best rpg on the ps1.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#37Wario_manPosted 2/24/2013 9:44:28 AM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2664/limitblue.jpg
Huh, looks a bit better than I remember it..
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#38squall1981Posted 2/24/2013 9:55:40 AM
well the game is rated as one of if not the greatest game ever made on most forums/ gaming articles/ all ver the web, why are you bothered what a few cool kids think on gamefaqs?
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#39CGoblinsPosted 2/24/2013 9:55:46 AM
The game aged badly. Games do age to the naysayer of this idea... I used to love Jaws on the NES. Even Tetris aged... and that's why there are many incarnations. Try playing Tetris on the NES...

It deserves it's fans, most of you wouldn't be gaming today if it weren't for that game or the PS1. I'd almost go so far as to say Microsoft wouldn't have developed the XBox.

Back in the 90s video games were doing just as well as previously, but FFVII brought in a lot of new gamers. It brought to light the market of video games to a lot of investors.

A main character like Cloud wasn't as overseen as it is today.

Materia systems and deep character customizations weren't the norm.

FFVII was a great game. People bought gaming machines because of it. People still buy FF games because of it. I would have never played FF 1-6 if it wasn't for that game.

My first system was NES and first video game as Defender. Go look at that great game and tell me things don't age.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82
Playing: Nothing
#40theshovellerPosted 2/24/2013 10:11:32 AM
NukeA6 posted...
What if I hate the game's fanbase? You gotta admit that it has some of the worst fanboys out there.

Yeah, it's like the Souls games and their fanbases. The game isn't all that great - not bad, but not "life-changing" like some of the fans make it out to be - and the fanbases being as over-the-top as they are just kind of turns me off to the whole thing.