This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any turn-based Final Fantasy games coming out ....

#11Deimos259Posted 2/24/2013 3:07:52 AM
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Let us just hope it gets localized
---
#12IndigoIcePosted 2/24/2013 3:16:15 AM
I'd love FF to have Star Ocean series kind of combat.
FF13 Paradigm Shifts makes me sleepy.

The previous FF1-9 doesn't make me sleepy because there's certain epic feel to it.
Strange huh?
#13Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/24/2013 5:13:06 AM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
any turned based final fantasy games coming out in the near future? if so, whats the name of the title?

and by turned based, i mean the same style as FF7-10, not the kingdom hearts like style.

FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY VIII and FINAL FANTASY IX are not the same style as FINAL FANTASY X, by default.

So, yes, Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY X HD.
Have you also played:

-FINAL FANTASY Anniversary
-FINAL FANTASY II Anniversary
-FINAL FANTASY III Remake
-FINAL FANTASY IV Remake
-FINAL FANTASY IV The Complete Collection
(includes enhanced FINAL FANTASY IV and FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years)
-FINAL FANTASY XIII
-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
-FINAL FANTASY Dimensions
-FINAL FANTASY The 4 Heroes of Light

All Turn Based. All released this gen.

Also, even though FINAL FANTASY Type-0 is Real Time, it still has huge Turn Based influences, and an ATB bar.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#14Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/24/2013 5:15:48 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Roachmeat posted...
This topic and I have a very different definition of what 'turn based' is.

When I read the topic, I immediately thought of "Final Fantasy Tactics" or "Vandal Hearts" or "Vanguard Bandits". You know, something where the units really do have to stand there and wait their turn.

The way I see it, the "modern" way Final Fantasy has been doing it doesn't need to be called TURN BASED, as much as WAIT METER based..

FFT is turn-based strategy. I believe the TC is looking for a very standard turn-based JRPG kind of Final Fantasy.

SE isn't going to make a game like that ever again it seems.

lol.

Square's latest 2 games are exactly like that.

-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

How can people be so wrong about Square Enix, I'll never understand.
---
#15Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/24/2013 5:17:48 AM
izza20 posted...
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
izza20 posted...
Like 7 to 10? No.

If you're willing to extend that one number back and have an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad or an Android phone or tablet, give Final Fantasy Dimensions a look.

so square enix have abandoned that style and are going to make all of their games have that kingdom hearts style combat system?

You keep saying Kingdom Hearts. Exactly what current Final Fantasy has a battle system anything remotely like Kingdom Hearts?

The ONLY one that bears any similarities is Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and that game probably doesn't even exist anymore.

There's not one. They just want to say inaccurate stuff like this.
Even Dissidia and Type-0, the most Actiony FINAL FANTASY games ever, have no resemblance to KH at all.
---
#16kel25Posted 2/24/2013 5:45:56 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Roachmeat posted...

When I read the topic, I immediately thought of "Final Fantasy Tactics" or "Vandal Hearts" or "Vanguard Bandits". You know, something where the units really do have to stand there and wait their turn.

The way I see it, the "modern" way Final Fantasy has been doing it doesn't need to be called TURN BASED, as much as WAIT METER based..

FFT is turn-based strategy. I believe the TC is looking for a very standard turn-based JRPG kind of Final Fantasy.

lol.

I believe he was implying for consoles. One game you mentioned was a mobile game, which a lot of people are against here. The other is on a handheld console, which is looked down upon slightly less.

People are dying for a good classic turn based RPG on their PS3.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#17lato9905Posted 2/24/2013 6:13:41 AM
Sunk 70 hours into ff dimensions personally.
#18Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/24/2013 8:33:20 AM
kel25 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
TomoEK9 posted...
Roachmeat posted...

lol.

I believe he was implying for consoles. One game you mentioned was a mobile game, which a lot of people are against here. The other is on a handheld console, which is looked down upon slightly less.

People are dying for a good classic turn based RPG on their PS3.

I don't care whatever criteria so-called gamers and wanabee fans bestow upon specific games just to rule them out of any discussion, just to present a hating point.

I just pointed out games he supposedly wants, exist. In bulks. And huge quality.

Dimensions i.e. is the most classic FINAL FANTASY in 20 years since FINAL FANTASY V. You either want classic, or not.
If you ask classic, and choose to ignore something that caters to that because you put personal search criteria (i.e., must be on PS3, must be classic but FFXIII-graphic scale, must be like my personal favorite installment), alwhile buying FINAL FANTASY installments you supposedly don't want, and commit yourself to internet hating on them & Square, while ignoring the games you supposedly want, your problem and you're a hypocrite (not referring to you personally, or anyone else, I'm speaking generally).
---