This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Killzone HD, a couple of questions please

#1azzaroksPosted 2/24/2013 12:51:12 AM
Hey everyone! I believe this is a good place to put this, as it is about the game's technical side.

About Killzone HD, I've heard from some people on the boards that there is fairly bad framerate problems with it being really choppy, not all the time but fairly often.
Is this true, has it been patched etc? How is it now?

Also, is there are difference in the PSN version, as opposed to the one included in the trilogy set? Is either superior in terms of performance etc?
Are they stable ports? I don't want a buggy, glitchy game that freezes often.

Also whilst on the topic, I've heard reports of the trilogy version of Killzone 3, that after patching to 1.14, it has a black screen loop thing, refuses to load etc. Heard it was a fairly common bug too...

I really am interested in this game, especially the trilogy (having dlc included is awesome).
Thanks anyone who can help me with this.
---
"I'm a warrior! Not a... variety of flower!" - Vegeta
#2mk_spiritPosted 2/24/2013 12:52:58 AM
My disc copy works just fine. The only time it gets choppy is if you have cheats activated
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#3azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:00:58 AM
Thanks mk_spirit.
I don't plan on cheating to be honest, but out of curiosity, why does that cause problems with the framerate?

I just want the game to be consistently smooth throughout.
---
#4Thermador446Posted 2/24/2013 1:14:55 AM
Also whilst on the topic, I've heard reports of the trilogy version of Killzone 3, that after patching to 1.14, it has a black screen loop thing, refuses to load etc. Heard it was a fairly common bug too...

Didn't happen to me, & I didn't even other deleting the old game data.

FYI: KZ1 is 3 GB & takes about 15 minutes to install; Please make better use of that time than I did.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#5azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:24:57 AM
What do you mean by making better use of my time exactly?

Is it a really good, well working port?
Also having Killzone 2 on the same disc, Killzone 2 doesn't have any ussues introduced into it? (that's obviously going a bit overboard haha).

I just want it all to work as it should.

Thanks
---
#6Meijimasha13Posted 2/24/2013 1:29:09 AM
one time I got a black screen for like 5 mins, but it eventually started the game, It was the first time I started KZHD, but it didn't happen again.
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAMagemasher13.png
#7azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 2:07:16 AM
Hmmm, and was the gameplay good? This is what I'm mainly asking, is the game good, gameplay fairly bug free? No framerate issues? Stable, not bugging out and having problems?
Also would it perhaps be better to buy Killzone 2 and 3 separately, and get Killzone 1 HD over PSN?

Thanks
---
#8Thermador446Posted 2/24/2013 2:27:53 AM(edited)
azzaroks posted...
Hmmm, and was the gameplay good? This is what I'm mainly asking, is the game good, gameplay fairly bug free? No framerate issues? Stable, not bugging out and having problems?
Also would it perhaps be better to buy Killzone 2 and 3 separately, and get Killzone 1 HD over PSN?

Thanks

I sent all my time trying to calibrate the Sharpshooter, so I can't comment on Gameplay.

I don't know how much games cost individually, but it is unlikely that it is cheaper.
Not really sure how much the exact same game can be better; The state of your hardware is really the only difference.

*KZ1 installs on HDD, but you still need the disc to play it.
*KZ2 &3 run off the disc.
No reason to have different versions of the exact same software.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#9azzaroks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 3:05:49 AM
Well that's cool, thanks, as long as the trilogy versions work perfectly normal (which is why I was worried about that bug I said about, which was something that multiple people reported).

Just want to be sure that Killzone HD is a great port now.
Thank you.
---
#10IChangedMyNamePosted 2/24/2013 3:16:52 AM
I bought the Killzone collection just for KZ HD tbh.

I am not disappointed at all, looks much MUCH better than when I remember playing it on PS2. IMO it plays better, PS2 version (or at least mine) had a ton of bugs I'd come across and I hated it.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)