This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a Dualshock3 with the R2 and L2 buttons like Dualshock2? heck even DS1

#1WiiUltraMasterPosted 2/24/2013 8:04:08 AM
3rd party controller or not..............the L2 and R2 are my only issues.............

And I don't really need some controller made to fit a 360 user, I just want a regular PS3 controller with the L2 and R2 buttons feeling like the ones from the previous playstations......because the current one feels uncomfortable.....

Why I bring this up now? because I plan to get a PS3
#2Power TurtlePosted 2/24/2013 8:07:14 AM
yeah i know what you mean. DS1 and DS2 were encased in plastic and felt.. "firmer". But i dont have an answer for ya, all i have ever owned is Sony DS3 controllers. But i can say this, you will get use to it if you give it a chance. i guarantee it. PS4's DS4 is the same as the DS3 in this aspect as well :)
#3Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/24/2013 8:07:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Dual-Trigger-Enhancements-PS3/dp/B001AW156U
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#4mk_spiritPosted 2/24/2013 8:45:38 AM
Even if you got one, there are a lot of games that need them as triggers, and not buttons
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#5Cloud069Posted 2/24/2013 8:46:45 AM
just get a converter and use your ps2 controller
---
PSN: Cloud073
#6WiiUltraMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:37:34 AM
Wooooww.......so many quick responses...........I thought I would have to wait like a few days lmao.....

to respond to everybody

I've already played a few times with the PS3 "Spring" L2 and R2........its just seriously annoying to me...........not because I have a 360 but because i've had a PS1 and PS2 which feels way more comfortable just because of those two buttons..........thats real funny too

How do those attachments feel? the ones from the link you sent me? is it more like a PS2 feel? or is it like trigger buttons for other consoles......because I don't mind that as long as I don't have to deal with the PS3 L2 and R2 "Springish" feel

I looked into the converter............my only deal with it is............how can you press the "home" button on a Dualshock 2?
#7WiiUltraMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:10:53 AM
oh and to the 3rd responder.........

I'm only really interested in 4 PS3 exclusives........since I have the rest of the game (that aren't exlusive) on 360
#8RayconPosted 2/24/2013 10:11:46 AM
WiiUltraMaster posted...

How do those attachments feel? the ones from the link you sent me? is it more like a PS2 feel? or is it like trigger buttons for other consoles......because I don't mind that as long as I don't have to deal with the PS3 L2 and R2 "Springish" feel

It's not nearly as good as a good old DS2 controller, but I could never play without them at this point. It turns R2/L2 from unfriendly "pedals" into a useable button once again. I still wouldn't map a fire button to either of them, but beats the convex shape they started out with. That just didn't make any sense...

DS2 will forever remain the best controller every invented.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#9WiiUltraMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:21:01 AM
Raycon posted...
WiiUltraMaster posted...

It's not nearly as good as a good old DS2 controller, but I could never play without them at this point. It turns R2/L2 from unfriendly "pedals" into a useable button once again. I still wouldn't map a fire button to either of them, but beats the convex shape they started out with. That just didn't make any sense...

are they mash friendly buttons?
#10RayconPosted 2/24/2013 10:34:06 AM
WiiUltraMaster posted...
Raycon posted...
WiiUltraMaster posted...

are they mash friendly buttons?

They're definitely more mash friendly than they are without. Not as great as the DS2, but infinitely better than the way they started out.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja