This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

people claiming PC gaming is cheaper

#51Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:50:32 AM
burn420247 posted...

I would say it's pretty even if the slice of the pie is smaller the price is much higher.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202970/

You also get more bang for your buck so, for some games they also get FREE DLC while consoles normally don't.

1 > 0 ALWAYS

no matter how u look at it. SOME is better than NONE

What are you talking about?

You're comparing Used Games to New Games?

Were talking about SALES which DISCS exceed Digital. Used games are just potential sales lost.
#52burn420247Posted 2/24/2013 8:50:57 AM
burn420247 posted...

Sorry but than again to compete with the PS4 specs you would have to spend at-least 1-2k

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/21/pc-gamer-vs-playstation-4-theres-only-ever-going-to-be-one-winner-right/

an extremely biased article

"I expect that a lot of ppl said, but this article bs... 50$ ddr3 memory compared to the 8 gb gddr5? the same?

in the ps4 the gpu and the cpu (so the apu) reaches the same memory (not like in the pc), with 176 GB/sec speed! What is the bandwith between a Sandy Bridge cpu and a 1666 DDR3? 25GB/sec?

So the whole structure is different, even if its x86 and GCN... You wont have such power in a PC in the next 1-2 year possibly...

And I say it as a PC fan... I dont have a console, and probably never will..."

it's not comparable. PC fans are so insecure.

u do know that ALL MODERN GPU's USE GDDR5, correct?

the PC in the article has 2GB's of it + 8GB's of DDR3 .....
---
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
#53burn420247Posted 2/24/2013 9:19:09 AM(edited)
Used games are just potential sales lost.

EXACTLY MY POINT!

DIGITAL SALES = PROFIT

USED SALES = NO PROFIT

THERE ARE NO USED SALES ON DIGITAL PRODUCTS.......EVER

DO THE MATH.
---
#54Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:55:07 AM
burn420247 posted...
burn420247 posted...

Sorry but than again to compete with the PS4 specs you would have to spend at-least 1-2k

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/21/pc-gamer-vs-playstation-4-theres-only-ever-going-to-be-one-winner-right/

"I expect that a lot of ppl said, but this article bs... 50$ ddr3 memory compared to the 8 gb gddr5? the same?

in the ps4 the gpu and the cpu (so the apu) reaches the same memory (not like in the pc), with 176 GB/sec speed! What is the bandwith between a Sandy Bridge cpu and a 1666 DDR3? 25GB/sec?

So the whole structure is different, even if its x86 and GCN... You wont have such power in a PC in the next 1-2 year possibly...

still not comparable, still doesn't take a genius to see how Biased that article is.

OPTICAL dead? LOL Combining the sales of just Blu-Ray and DVD movies in general completely demolish Digital sales.
#55Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:56:46 AM
burn420247 posted...

Were talking about SALES which DISCS exceed Digital. Used games are just potential sales lost.

EXACTLY MY POINT!

DIGITAL SALES = PROFIT

USED SALES = NO PROFIT

THERE ARE NO USED SALES ON DIGITAL SALES.......EVER

DO THE MATH.

LOL and completely ignoring the actual data of NEW games which VGchartz only counts.

Used sales don't count into this equation.

You FAIL.
#56burn420247Posted 2/24/2013 8:59:50 AM
burn420247 posted...
burn420247 posted...

still not comparable, still doesn't take a genius to see how Biased that article is.

OPTICAL dead? LOL Combining the sales of just Blu-Ray and DVD movies in general completely demolish Digital sales.

how is it not comparable? please be specific!

and biased how exactly, cuz im no genius, and i cant see how that article is biased.

Optical is dead, u've never heard of Netflix?
---
#57burn420247Posted 2/24/2013 9:17:31 AM(edited)
burn420247 posted...

EXACTLY MY POINT!

DIGITAL SALES = PROFIT

USED SALES = NO PROFIT

THERE ARE NO USED SALES ON DIGITAL SALES.......EVER

DO THE MATH.

LOL and completely ignoring the actual data of NEW games which VGchartz only counts.

Used sales don't count into this equation.

You FAIL.

ur still missing the point bro.

okay, so borderlands sold a ton of discs upon release..... it also had "strong" digital sales, according to TakeTwo themselves.

my point is this, how many people are going to buy the game USED at gamestop from THIS moment?

how many people will buy the game NEW (again, from this time forward) at a higher price at the same gamestop?

how many people will buy the game,NEW (and remember, new game sales = profit) from steam during a sale?

how much money does the dev and publishers make long term off digital sales vs long term from NEW disc sales when considering the USED version of the game is sitting right next to it at a lower price?

i can assure u, developers and publishers not only like, but prefer Digital Distrubution. it MAXIMIZES profits.

if u fail to see this then ur just a troll.
---
#58Dark_SpiretPosted 2/24/2013 9:29:46 AM(edited)
Badreview posted...
Many new games eventually go down in price, you don't have to buy NEW GAMES at full price, you can however sometimes get them earlier for cheaper and or slightly cheaper on PC.

and they go down on pc as well so thats a moot point. plus thanks to DD you have better promotional means on pc. look at preorder deals for instance. you may get a new weapon or at most a free dlc mission for a console game. on pc you can potentially get whole free games on top of the normal console deals. look at bioshock infinite preorder as an example. Consoles you get free ingame items. on pc from steam and GMG you get FREE GAMES. Steam=free copy of Bilshock 1 and XCOM(which is still $40 on consoles), GMG=Bio1 and youre choice of one other (from Spec Ops: The Line , Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II). Or how about the new tomb raider? on top of all the console preorder bonuses its also $15 cheaper and comes with a free $15 game. Or how about Resident Evil 6? you get a free $20 game and $12 worth of free dlc/ I mean how can you top those kinds of deals? Plus you also tend to get free game with hardware upgrades too. plus games tend to go on sale for much less.

in terms of specs, yeah $600-700 is around what you have in the ps3.
8core cpu(clocked MUCH higher)=$150
7850 2gb in compatible gpu=$180
16gb ddr3 ram(to offset the 8gb gddr5 ram)=$80
500gb hdd=$60
motherboard=$50
case=$30
GOOD psu=$50
dvd drive=$15
Keyboard/mouse combo=$20
Maybe factor in a $100 OS as well, but there are a lot of ways to get those legitimately free so thats up to the individual.

yeah its very doable. You also have to realize that these are prices RIGHT NOW. when the ps4 actually launches better hardware and more powerful choices will be out and you could probably take another $100 off that total pc price.
#59Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:41:23 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
Badreview posted...
Many new games eventually go down in price, you don't have to buy NEW GAMES at full price, you can however sometimes get them earlier for cheaper and or slightly cheaper on PC.

and they go down on pc as well so thats a moot point. plus thanks to DD you have better promotional means on pc. look at preorder deals for instance. you may get a new weapon or at most a free dlc mission for a console game. on pc you can potentially get whole free games on top of the normal console deals. look at bioshock infinite preorder as an example. Consoles you get free ingame items. on pc from steam and GMG you get FREE GAMES. Steam=free copy of Bilshock 1 and XCOM(which is still $40 on consoles), GMG=Bio1 and youre choice of one other (from Spec Ops: The Line , Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II). Or how about the new tomb raider? on top of all the console preorder bonuses its also $15 cheaper and comes with a free $15 game. Or how about Resident Evil 6? you get a free $20 game and $12 worth of free dlc/ I mean how can you top those kinds of deals? Plus you also tend to get free game with hardware upgrades too. plus games tend to go on sale for much less.

500gb hdd=$60
motherboard=$50
case=$30
GOOD psu=$50
dvd drive=$15
Keyboard/mouse combo=$20
Maybe factor in a $100 OS as well, but there are a lot of ways to get those legitimately free so thats up to the individual.

yeah its very doable. You also have to realize that these are prices RIGHT NOW. when the ps4 actually launches better hardware and more powerful choices will be out and you could probably take another $100 off that total pc price.

They give much more free content on PC due to Piracy issues. on Consoles it's much easier to capitalize on DLC and are prone to less piracy.

They just have to compete with Used games which some companies HAVE been doing.
#60Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:43:04 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
Badreview posted...

500gb hdd=$60
motherboard=$50
case=$30
GOOD psu=$50
dvd drive=$15
Keyboard/mouse combo=$20

I still call BS there is absolutely no way you can have the same specs on the PS4 for 600 dollars. Many PC savy people who are lessed biased have already proven that drivel of a topic wrong.