This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I buy a PS3 from GameStop, refurbished, can I open the box BEFORE PURCHASE

#1DragonReborn97Posted 2/24/2013 9:17:40 AM
And inspect it? Unless the PS3 is getting a price drop because of the PS4 I'd like to get a refurb.
---
By my twitching sword-hand, Morgan, what happened to you?
#2djrudenPosted 2/24/2013 9:23:37 AM
Here's my tip: DON'T SHOP AT GAMESTOP!

And if you choose to not follow my advice then please please please do not come back here saying how you got burned because we all already know you will when you buy something there.
#3x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 2/24/2013 9:26:57 AM
refurb stuff is almost always good since it was repaired. it's the pure used stuff you got to inspect.
---
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"
#4DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/24/2013 9:27:53 AM
If you live in America, they'd be legally required to let you inspect it, as far as I know.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#5slymshadyPosted 2/24/2013 9:33:49 AM
Lol it's ok to shop there and yes they would let you look at it but probably not Hook it up to A TV as I doubt there is a free TV there
#6Mason_CainPosted 2/24/2013 9:44:10 AM
They make a higher profit margin on a refurb and its in their interest to sell it so they should be happy to show it to you. If not, there is something to hide.
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#7AshWilliams78Posted 2/24/2013 9:48:35 AM
My Refurb Original Xbox and Gamecube are still going strong and I bought them 4 to 5 years ago.
---
ShopSmart,ShopS-Mart - Names Ash....Housewares
#8mk_spiritPosted 2/24/2013 10:43:22 AM
You have so many days to notice a problem with it...if it doesn't work just take it back...
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#9SCStunner316Posted 2/24/2013 10:51:16 AM
Be sure to check the memory on board. I bought my PS3 from there, refurbed, and I paid for the 320 GB. Went home, noticed they didn't wipe the memory from the last user, since all his credentials were still logged in and his stuff downloaded. Anyway, went to settings to see how much memory he had left on there before I wiped it and noticed there was x-amount of GB/96GB or something...I was like, ****, this isn't a 320. Took it back, and they confirmed it was not what I paid for and left with a 320.

Moral of the story is, check for everything, because if you go to buy a 320 and end up with something less than that and find out like two months later when it won't let you download another game because you thought you had enough memory, it'll be too late then.
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke
#10Thermador446Posted 2/24/2013 10:57:06 AM
Don't they already open the box for you?
IT IS Gamestop
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"