This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i love playstation ......xbox fanboys are sickening

#11DoukouPosted 2/24/2013 6:05:53 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
PS4 won't have cross game chat, they can't, Microsoft holds a patent on it, which means unless Sony thinks up a way to do it that's not similar to how Microsoft does it, they get sued and the feature is removed.

Except the Vita has cross game chat. Obviously Sony developed something to get around the patent. And even if they didn't, they still could have cross game chat. They'd just have to pay a nominal fee to Microsoft for the right to use it. Learn things.

MS doesn't care about Handhelds, why do you think RARE was still allowed to make games for Gameboy advanced.
You honestly think MS will accept the nominal fee, which will help their competitor ?
---
Don't read this sig.
#12flame030191Posted 2/24/2013 6:07:31 PM
Sony stated the only reason PS3 has no cross game chat is that the RAM (PS3 has 256MB) ismt sufficient to support it. 360 has more RAM which is sufficient for it
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#13riddlebox89Posted 2/24/2013 6:09:59 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Anodyne11 posted...
MGS and FF were never PS exclusive...

why do i keep seeing this

in what world was mgs 1 2 3 4 not only on a ps system
or ff 7 8 9 10 12

all at one point were only on playstation

quit saying this

MGS1, PC, remake on Gamecube.
MGS2, PC, Xbox.
MGS3, 3DS

MGS was never a Sony/Playstation exclusive franchise, if it was they wouldn't appear on non-Sony consoles, so far MGS only has two games that are exclusive to Sony/Playstation consoles, and one is a portable title, the non-canon ones I'm not going to count.

As for Final Fantasy, doesn't matter, so some of them only appear on Playstation, that doesn't make it a Sony/Playstation franchise.

You keep hearing it because it's the truth, the only reason you don't want to see it anymore is because you can't accept it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#14flame030191Posted 2/24/2013 6:12:52 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Anodyne11 posted...

or ff 7 8 9 10 12

quit saying this

MGS1, PC, remake on Gamecube.
MGS2, PC, Xbox.
MGS3, 3DS

MGS was never a Sony/Playstation exclusive franchise, if it was they wouldn't appear on non-Sony consoles, so far MGS only has two games that are exclusive to Sony/Playstation consoles, and one is a portable title, the non-canon ones I'm not going to count.

As for Final Fantasy, doesn't matter, so some of them only appear on Playstation, that doesn't make it a Sony/Playstation franchise.

You keep hearing it because it's the truth, the only reason you don't want to see it anymore is because you can't accept it.

Not to mention only FF10, X-2, and 12 were PS Exclusive.

FF7-9 got ported to Windows PC.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#15axelfooley2k5Posted 2/24/2013 6:14:35 PM
most of those ports were later
quit spewing garbage

those games had ports later and were exclusive for a set amount of time

they may not be anymore but they were
so dont say they never were
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#16brycemorrPosted 2/24/2013 6:15:02 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
PS4 won't have cross game chat, they can't, Microsoft holds a patent on it, which means unless Sony thinks up a way to do it that's not similar to how Microsoft does it, they get sued and the feature is removed.

Except the Vita has cross game chat. Obviously Sony developed something to get around the patent. And even if they didn't, they still could have cross game chat. They'd just have to pay a nominal fee to Microsoft for the right to use it. Learn things.

Lol you tell me to learn things, Microsoft has a patent for cross game chat on home consoles, last I checked the Vita was a portable console, not a home console, so the features it has are irrelevant.

Lol, Sony pay Microsoft a fee, and I'm going to be married to Megan Fox in five years and we're going to have threesomes with Kate Beckensale every tuesday night.

Sony paid Microsoft to make the Skype app for the Vita. So its very well instead of making a new patent Sony very much couldve paid Microsoft for the patent for the PS4/Vita at the same time.

Sony and Microsoft while not friends maintain a Civil work together when necessary relationship.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#17tracazoidPosted 2/24/2013 6:24:10 PM(edited)
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Anodyne11 posted...

or ff 7 8 9 10 12

quit saying this

Most of those titles have been around the block a few times from Metal Gear Solid having a PC version to MGS2 having Substance on the Xbox which the Substance version of the game came out first on the Xbox and went to the PS2 later(and PC). Even MGS3 on 3DS(although years later). MGS4 and Portable Ops are the only exclusive Metal Gear from the main series.

FF 7 and 8 were on PC. IX, X and XII are the only real Sony exclusives from the numerical branch of the series. If you counted the whole series though(Tactics, Dirge of Cerberus, or Crisis Core) it would be a bit different though.

Both series jump to wherever the hell they feel like it and always have.
#18riddlebox89Posted 2/24/2013 6:22:47 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
quit spewing garbage

Doesn't alter the fact that they were still made, and if they were made they would have to have been planned, which means they meant to release them on non-Sony consoles, which means they were never meant to be exclusives in the first place.

Once a game appears on a non-Sony/whatever console, it's no longer an exclusive.

By the way, you're forgetting where those two franchises started, Metal Gear started on the MSX, a console primarily developed by Microsoft's Japanese division, Final Fantasy began on the NES.

Now if they begin on one console and move to another for future releases, does that make them exclusive franchises? No it does not.
---
#19axelfooley2k5Posted 2/24/2013 6:27:05 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
quit spewing garbage

Doesn't alter the fact that they were still made, and if they were made they would have to have been planned, which means they meant to release them on non-Sony consoles, which means they were never meant to be exclusives in the first place.

Once a game appears on a non-Sony/whatever console, it's no longer an exclusive.

By the way, you're forgetting where those two franchises started, Metal Gear started on the MSX, a console primarily developed by Microsoft's Japanese division, Final Fantasy began on the NES.

Now if they begin on one console and move to another for future releases, does that make them exclusive franchises? No it does not.

you need glasses
those games were games that you could only get on a ps system at release
they are not exclusive anymore.....im not argueing that

you said NEVER.........and you were wrong to say that
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#20riddlebox89Posted 2/24/2013 6:29:51 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
you need glasses
those games were games that you could only get on a ps system at release
they are not exclusive anymore.....im not argueing that

you said NEVER.........and you were wrong to say that

Wrong, I said they were never Sony/Playstation exclusive franchises, which was not wrong.

Learn to read.
---