This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about replacing PS3

#1TkShotPosted 2/24/2013 6:27:01 PM
I have a 5 year old PS3 40GB that was used from Gamestop and it has the red light of death so every time it turns off I have to keep on pressing the power button until it eventually stays on. It's been pre-owned and I never bothered making a PSN account so I used the one that was signed in with someone else's account (xPrimeEvilx) and I have all my trophies on that account so I'm kinda screwed..

I was thinking about getting a new PS3, should I? How will I be able to transfer all my data and trophies there? Honestly though I just want all of my data transferred but I'm afraid some games won't let me transfer..
---
Lightning x Lumina is overrated!
it's ALL ABOUT dat Barthandelus x Hope x Ultros
#2AwayFromHerePosted 2/24/2013 6:56:34 PM
If you don't have access to the email and password of the account you're using, just start everything over.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3TkShot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:34:04 PM
I tried emailing the previous owner but it says their was no such thing so I'm assuming they deleted their email. O___o Maybe I should call Sony so that they can change my email to the one I use?

Will I at least still have all my save data transfered if I decided to save everything on a USB stick and put it in the new PS3?
---
Lightning x Lumina is overrated!
it's ALL ABOUT dat Barthandelus x Hope x Ultros
#4este914Posted 2/24/2013 7:59:17 PM
I doubt they will be able to help you... But it's worth a shot. I can't think of anything else I'd try.
It's more or less your own fault that you used an account that technically 'didnt belong to you' ... So.... yea.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !