This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slim PS3 vs. Ultra Slim PS3 (in terms of innards/build)

#1blazerMFTPosted 2/24/2013 7:16:49 PM
Ok, so update on this thread (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65518775), I have gotten the phat one back (and it's working), but decided to buy a new PS3 so I could transfter all my data lest this happens to me again.

This is where I need some insight; that PS3 phat model that died on me lasted almost 7 years, it was one of the launch models. I do play almost every day, but take good care of my things. My consoles are in dedicated cabinets with built in exhaust fans (like arcade cabinets) so I'm not really worried about overheating.

The question, which one of the new PS3 models will give me the same life as this model it's replacing? Are there any "new" chipsets, like the 360s, with their 40 nm chips and things like those which are supposed to prolong life?

For me the Super Slim looks better than the 2nd gen Slim., but I'm going for longevity and build this time.

Thanks for any help in advance.
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#2Neonwarrior1243Posted 2/24/2013 7:19:56 PM
I usually see people say if you can get the slim instead of the super slim.
#3Golden MavenPosted 2/24/2013 7:22:52 PM
blazerMFT posted...
I'm going for longevity and build this time.

I think the Slim and the Super Slim are neck and neck in terms of longevity, because as I understand it they pull the same amount of power from the wall. You may as well go for the Slim.
#4blazerMFT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:28:30 PM
Oh ok. That's curious; I was expecting the Super Slim, being the later model to be even more power efficient.

Anyway thanks, getting the Slim then.
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined