This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Vanquish a short game?

#1yahya_no_1Posted 2/24/2013 9:35:12 PM
I am not sure if its you kids having alot of free time or something, but it took me a month to beat this game, with my work schedule I always used to play at least 3 hours a weak , I started this game on normal so I don't finish it as fast as people told me they do, I only died 5 times the whole game and I found it to be quite decent in it's length for a game, took me around 10 hours to beat. 5 acct with 3 missions each, again not as short as people had me believe

My only complain with the game that is very VERY repetitive, I mean god I never like GOW for that reason, you walk you shoot, next target, open door shoot till the game is done
---
PSN:yahyano1
#2Kingmichael1337Posted 2/24/2013 10:25:27 PM(edited)
http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=915

i guess you're just really bad at the game. it takes ~6 hours to beat. i played it on the hardest difficulty available by default (i forget which that is) and it was still really short. it also wasn't that fun; it had its moments, but it was still a short, linear 3rd person shooter with no co-op, no competitive multiplayer, etc.
---
I'M GAY.
#3PangLaPosted 2/24/2013 10:30:02 PM(edited)
It's also because of the way they calculate your playtime. It doesn't count your deaths and cut scenes. My end game was like 4 hours, but I know I definitely played more than 4 hours. A lot of people also complained about how Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising was only 4-5 hours long which is not the case. Platinum Games need to sort this out with their games, it is misleading and bring negative points to their games.
#4velvet_hammerPosted 2/24/2013 10:34:15 PM
who cares.. Games are based how good there are not by length
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#5Aragorn428777Posted 2/24/2013 10:39:21 PM
Yea, I always assume when reviews come out about a game, and its getting negative feedback on being short, that the time is based on speed runs or one sitting.

RDR for instance lasted me around 45 hours, and that was a steady 2 weeks of playing; some nights only an hour or so, sometimes 3-4 hrs.

Even the CoD games are labeled as short, but I take my time with them and make them last me at least a week for campaign mode.

I couldn't imagine getting a game at midnight release, just to pop it in when I got home and have beaten it around 7 or 8 am that morning, just to say "done! Time to trade in/sell and onto the next"
---
PSN: Br00talChives
Playing: RDR GOTY, Max Payne 3, PROTOTYPE 2
#6Ottopilot666Posted 2/24/2013 11:02:50 PM
Back in my day there was usually 6 stages in a game and nobody complained about it , you people just like to whine and nitpick at every single minute detail in games.
#7yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:16:37 PM
i guess you're just really bad at the game

Troll post is troll, kids still thinks its cool.

who cares.. Games are based how good there are not by length

Never said I hated it, I was just pointing out something the reviews and people mislead me on.

It's also because of the way they calculate your playtime. It doesn't count your deaths and cut scenes. My end game was like 4 hours, but I know I definitely played more than 4 hours. A lot of people also complained about how Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising was only 4-5 hours long which is not the case. Platinum Games need to sort this out with their games, it is misleading and bring negative points to their games.

Yup I agree with this, but I could cares less if they fix it or not, their games rock, RE1,2,3 were 3 hours long a disc and I replayed them multiple time for the bonuses.......something this game is missing

Back in my day there was usually 6 stages in a game and nobody complained about it , you people just like to whine and nitpick at every single minute detail in games.

Kids this Gen man, full of people like the second post, Metal gear 1 was the same thing, so was RE4 and below, FF9 I remember finishing that game in 2 days time span(when i replayed it) and back then that was not too long not too short, now its just too short for them, they need a 60 +hour game o0?.......why, why can't it be like 30 hours rest is side quests
---
#8Kingmichael1337Posted 2/24/2013 11:22:16 PM
yahya_no_1 posted...

"waaah someone insulted me! troll!"

it's just a fact of life; if it took you a month to beat a six hour game, you're really bad at it. you'd have to play 12 minutes a day to beat it in that time. who plays games in 12 minute sittings? lol
---
I'M GAY.
#9Face_McShootyPosted 2/24/2013 11:49:32 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

it's just a fact of life; if it took you a month to beat a six hour game, you're really bad at it. you'd have to play 12 minutes a day to beat it in that time. who plays games in 12 minute sittings? lol

Or you could've read that he only played about 3 hours a week and overall took ten hours within that month period.
---
SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!
#10yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:53:07 AM
Face_McShooty posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

Or you could've read that he only played about 3 hours a week and overall took ten hours within that month period.

Don't feed the troll
---