This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Vanquish a short game?

#21NuuTypePosted 2/25/2013 5:55:10 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
FF9 I remember finishing that game in 2 days time span

thats baloney
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#22Da DoodPosted 2/25/2013 6:02:30 AM
I beat Vanquish in a couple days on Normal. Then I played Hard. Then all the Tactical Challenges. Then replayed Normal and Hard. Then I got my ass kicked by God Hard, but finished it eventually. Then got the DLC weapons and did another Hard run with only those.

50-60 hours total for me... and I intend to replay from time to time. Sounds pretty fair.

For those who just want to see the content, I guess there is not as much value... but I like to replay games and maybe get better at the combat and find cooler/faster strategies.
---
And this time!
#23Ottopilot666Posted 2/25/2013 6:42:22 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
i guess you're just really bad at the game

Troll post is troll, kids still thinks its cool.

who cares.. Games are based how good there are not by length

Never said I hated it, I was just pointing out something the reviews and people mislead me on.

It's also because of the way they calculate your playtime. It doesn't count your deaths and cut scenes. My end game was like 4 hours, but I know I definitely played more than 4 hours. A lot of people also complained about how Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising was only 4-5 hours long which is not the case. Platinum Games need to sort this out with their games, it is misleading and bring negative points to their games.

Yup I agree with this, but I could cares less if they fix it or not, their games rock, RE1,2,3 were 3 hours long a disc and I replayed them multiple time for the bonuses.......something this game is missing

Back in my day there was usually 6 stages in a game and nobody complained about it , you people just like to whine and nitpick at every single minute detail in games.

Kids this Gen man, full of people like the second post, Metal gear 1 was the same thing, so was RE4 and below, FF9 I remember finishing that game in 2 days time span(when i replayed it) and back then that was not too long not too short, now its just too short for them, they need a 60 +hour game o0?.......why, why can't it be like 30 hours rest is side quests

The fundamental question is what is re-playability? Is it fun gameplay that makes you want to keep coming back to it or artificially padding the length with fetch quests and other nonsense. Not every single game needs to be 20+ hours
#24killakPosted 2/25/2013 6:52:06 AM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64561099
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#25Deimos259Posted 2/25/2013 7:13:02 AM
I died like 50 times on normal and it took me 6 hours
---
#26DoukouPosted 2/25/2013 7:17:15 AM
killak posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64561099

Lol.
---
Don't read this sig.
#27nihilist212Posted 2/25/2013 7:20:19 AM
It takes me a long time to beat most games, because of not having TONS of time to play every week. It varies for me, but I play whenever I can. I also like to take my time and experience the games, as opposed to just flying through them. But that's just me.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#28theshovellerPosted 2/25/2013 7:20:52 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
I am not sure if its you kids having alot of free time or something, but it took me a month to beat this game, with my work schedule I always used to play at least 3 hours a weak , I started this game on normal so I don't finish it as fast as people told me they do, I only died 5 times the whole game and I found it to be quite decent in it's length for a game, took me around 10 hours to beat. 5 acct with 3 missions each, again not as short as people had me believe

My only complain with the game that is very VERY repetitive, I mean god I never like GOW for that reason, you walk you shoot, next target, open door shoot till the game is done

It's Japanese and made by Platinum, AKA "those Devil May Cry and Bayonetta guys," and therefore is immediately different than every other first and third-person shooter available and "an actual game."

Or at least, that's what I generally see from some people. Personally, I didn't dig it all too much, since nothing really gripped me by the shorthairs and said "play me!" about it.
#29Castiel39Posted 2/25/2013 7:23:55 AM
It's short because i completed the game in about 5 hours or so. That's too short for any videogame.
#30killakPosted 2/25/2013 7:25:37 AM
It's short because i completed the game in about 5 hours or so. That's too short for any videogame.

You ever play Outrun?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........